Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bneuner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 05:53 AM
    What reflects better on a credit report, account settled or account paid / closed
    What reflects better on a credit report, account settled or account paid / closed
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Hi, bneuner!

If a person pays off their debt, that's going to look better on a credit report.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Levy on Bank account/ judgement on credit report [ 1 Answers ]

On week before christmas of last year I called to check my bank account and was told by the bank that I have a levy on my account, I asked them how is it possible that a stranger that I have never spoken to can do this to my account. The bank gave me a number and said that Thomas Law office put the...

Company factoring account on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I found out that someone had opened a company factoring account what are company factoring accounts Someone opened a company factoring account and used my name what can I do it is on credit report as a bad debt.

Credit rating: Settled vs Paid [ 1 Answers ]

A few years ago, we ren into financial hardship. I contacted one of our credit card companies to ask them to work out a payment arrangement with me. They refused because my acount was "in good standing". Well, we defaulted on the payments as I warned them may happen. They rapidly inflated the...

Settled accounts removed from credit report [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I reviewing my credit report, I noticed some discrepancies. Two in particular, related to two settled accounts, which did not reflect that I had paid the charged-off accounts. I tried for months to get a the collection company (Arrow) to correct it, to no avail. I then filed a...

View more questions Search