Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starwings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 12:03 PM
    SSI Recipients & Child Support
    Hello.
    My question is, My son is on SSI all of his 28 years of life. He ended up being a father, so
    his x wife went to court to get child support, his amount is 580.00 a month, the court said he has to pay 400.00 a month how can this be?? His rent is 270.00 phone is 31.00 and he
    gets 60.00 in food stamps. Pleas help me I need all the help I can get. Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2008, 12:08 PM
    You need an attorney to appeal.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Were you present when this court order came about ? Maybe that's what they calculated the benefit at from what SSI will be sending the child. I believe dependent children of disabled persons on SSI get a benefit also. You need to check that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSI benefits and Child Support for Adult Child. [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a parent can still be obligated to pay child support to a severely disabled adult child for the life of the child? (even if the child is receiving state benefits) we are in Cali...

Father on SSI so no child support? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My children's father is on SSI and does not pay his court ordered child support. I also know that he has been working under the table for some time now (and is earning more than me) and still will not pay his child support. He is 15 months behind on payments. I had a child support case...

SSI and child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a newbie. I was divorce 4 years ago. I am disable and my ex has the kids. SSI pays my ex $888.00 per month at time of divorce. This is for two kids. One of the kids is now 18 and he should no longer get child support, but SSI is still sending a check to my ex for $888.00. Shouldn't SSI...

How to get child support for children of a parent on ssi [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know what do I do if my two kids father draws ssi?the ? Is how do I get help for my kids? Do I need to apply for ssi for the both? He doesn't have to pay but should I have to do it on my own?

View more questions Search