Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    LinnieD1984's Avatar
    LinnieD1984 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 29, 2005, 02:30 AM
    Stock in Deceased Father's Name
    I recently found some stock certificates in my deceased father's name. He passed away about 10 years ago. The certificates are for 40,000 shares of Combined Penny Stock Fund, Inc. I found out that Combined Penny Stock Fund Inc. recently liquidated for $.01 per share. (Giving these stock certificates a grand total of $400.) What sort of process would I have to go through to cash these certificates myself?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,834, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jun 30, 2005, 12:35 PM

    Call a stock broker to see if they can sell the stock for you. Technically, the stock belongs to your father's estate, but if you were the executor, you have the legal right to dispose of the property.

    With luck, the brokerage fees will not exceed $50, so you will get about $350.
    LinnieD1984's Avatar
    LinnieD1984 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 1, 2005, 11:41 AM
    What if there was no executor of the estate? There was no will and no estate to administrate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing of Father's Parental Rights [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. My name is Catherine. I live in Chesapeake, Virginia. I need to know what I need to do do get my daughter's father's rights terminated. He's already signed a paper stating he is willingly terminating his rights and got it notarized. I know I went to some site and it said if the...

Step father's right to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

Can you please tell me how can I go about adopting my step son who is 8 years old? His biological father rights were taken and I would like to adopt my fiance's son. What do I need to do?

Deceased account [ 11 Answers ]

Hi My parents recently passed away and I had to close there credit card from bank of america and the outstanding balance I owe since they did not have the credit card insurance. My parents also had this card connected to there overdraft protection on the checking account for which I kept but had...

Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father was a registered sex offender (I did not know)and left for AK when she was born. I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with him. I have not seen or heard from him in over four years. He knew about his daughter but to my knolwledge has never tried to find...

Natural Father's Rights [ 4 Answers ]

Long story short. Dated a women I'll name "Jane" several times. On the last date, she said she had a husband who was in jail. The fact that she was married was enough to end the relationship. Since then I have married a longtime sweetheart. A month and a half after we split up, "Jane" told...

View more questions Search