Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzieb_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 03:55 AM
    Bank Charge for failed international wire transfer
    Hi
    Can anybody tell me if the bank charge of 345$ is reasonable for an international wire transfer that failed to go through because the account details were inadequate. The transfer was for £2000.00 from a USD account in the Turks & Caicos to a sterling account in the U K
    The bank concerned also faied to inform that the transfer had not gone through and did nothing until I applied for a tracer to be made. The money was taken from my account on the first Feb and returned to it on the 14th Feb. Many thanks to anybody who takes the time and trouble to reply.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Fees like that are usually preset. I would ask the bank for a copy of their fee schedule. If that fee is not listed, then ask for an accounting.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 08:03 AM
    More details as to who was making the transfer to what type of account.

And was this the actual bank that charged the fee or is this a "company" doing the transfer for you.

There is a lot of fraud companies are currently doing with wire transfers to steal peoples money. ( not the actual bank)

But there are fees for all services, first you would have a wire transfer and then also the money exchange rate from US to UK money

More details is needed to fully understand what is going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Wire Transfer Fees [ 10 Answers ]

I work for a company that insists on charging our international customers any and all wire transfer fees charged to us. All of my intl customers say this is horrible and no other US company treats them this way. Does anyone have any input, fair trade information, suggested reading or experience...

Neutral wire is hot(has voltage potential like the black wire) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The problem started at midnight last week. One of my line in the basement is starting to have issue whenever I connect a water pump or appliances to the outlets. Before I plug the appliance in, the neutral is neutral(zero voltage), but when I plug the appliance in, the neutral is now...

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

View more questions Search