Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cody1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 11:51 AM
    1928 one dollar star note
    I have a 1928 a 1 dollar star note treasurrer is n.o.woods and the secr.treas.is a.w. mellon it's a funny back its circ.anyone no the worth?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2010, 07:58 PM
    Cody1973

CODY1973- SOME HOW your answer is a way down below.I don't know yet what caussed it to drop down like it did ,but ill try to find out ;; uit done it when I hit the block under the post and hit the mouse; F.B.E.

CODY1973- ANSWER #1- I believe that if you look at the series date again you will find a letter right by the date, which is a -{ A } you have a 1928A series;; the signatures on 1928 are [ TATE AND MELLON} and on the one you have the series date is [1928A, signatures are WOODS AND MELLON} NOW your answer to the VALUE of yours ,{GOOD -$18.00;; VFINE-$25.oo ::UNC- $115.00 :: STAR NOTE - UNC IS $575.00 AND
    IN VG-20 *- it is $ 40.00;;hope that I have helped you with your question,if I can be of any more just holler ;;Have a great night and a better tomorrow;; GOD BLESS;;F.B.E.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2010, 10:59 PM
    CODY1973-THE $! 00 silver certificate , SERIES 1928A, SINGatures ARE WOODS AND MELLON ;; THE VALUE ON NOT IS GOOD-$18.00 ;; V-FINE=$25.00 ;; UNC-63=$115.00;;
    { NOTE} A Star note is valued at $575.00 NOW A LITTLE HISTORY BEHIND THE { STAR NOTE} { DURNING THE PRINTING OF PAPER CURRENCY THAT IS DAMAGED IN SOME WAY :THE NOTE IS PULLED OUT AND NOTED IN A LOG BOOK <THEN IT IS TAKEN TO THE FURNACE AND IS BURNED <THEN ANOTHER NOTE JUST LIKE IT IS PRINTED just like the opner that got burned ,the only thing that is differentis that thery have a [STAR AND IS CALLED A STAR NOTEAND THIS IS THE WAY THAT THE KNOW THAT IT IS A{REPLACEMent NOTE:: AND IT HAS THE NAME OF {STAR NOTE} ::: NOPW whenm a note hits a bank and is in prety bad shape ,it is sent back to the treasury and do the same process to it and the new one then is a STAR note, SOME TYIMES THE TREASURY PRINT SEVERAL LIKE THIS FOR COLLECTORS< BUT THEY ARE PUT INTO CIRC ULATION;; HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND a better tomorrowe ;; GOD BLESS::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 dollar bill 1976 star note L series value [ 1 Answers ]

just curious as to the value. Very crisp but circulated. Green seal. Star Note after serial.

1928 dollar bill [ 12 Answers ]

I have a series 1928 dollar bill. The front of bill has the letter K. The signatures on the bill are Tate and Mellon. It has a blue seal. The plate number is K835. Can you tell me the value please

1928 silver dollar certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver dollar certificate circa 1928. I wanted to know the value of this bill. The information I can provide are as follows: It has blue seal The letter next to the date is B (so the date is 1928 B) The name of the secretary of the treasury is Ogden L. Mills Serial number is...

1928 dollar bill [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1928 funny back siver dollar bill.What is it worth now?

View more questions Search