Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettas Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Debt is killing me!
    I have huge medical bills and no insurance and credit card debt used for my $500 a month medicines and credit cards that raised rates to 29% and on fixed income and retired chase said they will help and waiting to from them.There is no way I can pay them and I closed the accounts what do you think they can or will do?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 06:23 PM

They may negotiate lower payments and/or lower interest for you. They may even lower the balance. It can't hurt to ask as they would rather get something than nothing.

You might want to also ask your doctor about alternative medicines that may be just as effective but less expensive. Some pharmacutical companies will also off low cost medications for those in need. Some stores do as well on certain prescriptions... such as Walmart.
    bettas Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    They may negotiate lower payments and/or lower interest for you. They may even lower the balance. It can't hurt to ask as they would rather get something than nothing.

You might want to also ask your doctor about alternative medicines that may be just as effective but less expensive. Some pharmacutical companies will also off low cost medications for those in need. Some stores do as well on certain prescriptions....such as Walmart.
    This is the second time I have been on here so I may be wrong. The medicines I am on are breathing symbicort and it is $218 for 1 inhaler that last 2 weeks and another one that $150 plus blood pressure and other s that are expensive everywhere.I had to go into the hospital a year and symbicort ago it was a matter of life or death and for 3 days without insurance it is $14,000.I talked to chase bank and they said they would try to help me because I told them I owe it but I had called before and this was the first time anyone said that.Isaid I can't pay anything I don't have a job disabled and you can sue me or put me in jail but all I want is someone to help I can't cope with all I have so I am waiting to see if they do anything.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 07:00 PM

Have you looked into qualifying for Medicaid? If not, that may be an option to look into. You could ask your doctor and the pharmacist as well for ideas on how you can afford the medications you need. Check this site out for the state you live in. Many companies will help out with costs. Your pharmacist should know of others.

https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

This is killing me! [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a motorolla commercial, for the red Krzr. The commercial was all digitally done/animated, of a red krazr popping up with red flashy backgrounds, doing various movements. What is killing me is the song that was playing! I cannot find the commercial on YouTube so it may be farely knew. Has...

His ex is hot, n its killing me! [ 5 Answers ]

I've always felt like I was hot stuff and totally gorgeous, even when I met my current boyfriend. That was until I met his ex girlfriend(who he's still close with) and I realised how hot and stylish and young she was. His relatives always ask about her and suddenly I don't feel good enough for him,...

My jaw is killing me! [ 3 Answers ]

First off I'll start by saying that I do have a cold, but don't know whether that makes a difference or not. Anyway, yesterday we went out for dinner, and about 30 minutes later, my jaw REALLY started to hurt. It hurt through the right side of my jaw, to my ear, up to my temple/eye. I took 2...

View more questions Search