Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    nana283's Avatar
    nana283 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 20, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Lost 401(k) plan
    I worked from 1998 to 1999 and had a 401K plan.

    However all documents were destroyed and I have no way of tracing anything on that. I was employed as a contractor for Brooks airforce, but I have no record of the company's name and the airforce doesn't have any records.

    Is there any entity whom I could contact to trace this to roll it over to my present 401k

    Thank you
    xphelper's Avatar
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29
    Full Member

    Feb 20, 2008, 03:14 PM
    You could start by ordering a copy of your tax return (1998, 1999) from the IRS. I'm assuming you would have identified who you worked for on those returns and if you opt to get a copy of the W-2, you'll know for sure (who your employer was). IRS instructions for ordering are here: Frequently Asked Questions - 1.6 Copies & Transcripts (see near the bottom of the page for ordering previous tax years).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

401(k) plan [ 1 Answers ]

My company I work for has a 401(k) plan that I have contributed to and now I just recently stopped.I was told I couldn't receive my money unless I quit.Just doesn't sound right?

401 K Plan [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if your 591/2 and the IRS defines your 401K plan and classifies it as a deemed distribution.

401 k plan deduction or credit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been contributing to 401 k plan, it is being deducted from my salary every month, so am I eligible to take any deduction or avail any kind of tax credit, based on this retirement plan? I am married filing a joint return

View more questions Search