Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxygirl61887 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 21, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Cell phone fell in the toilet?
    I dropped my cell phone in the toilet... I paid 200 dollars for my phone... is there anything I can do if anything to save my phone?? PLEASE HELP ME>.. I really don't want to have to throw away my phone... I took my phone apart and dried off everything and it didn't sit in the toilet for more then a sec because I pulled it out rite away.. if that helps anything
    _nicole_
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 21, 2007, 08:24 AM
    That's all I could suggest I'm afraid. I've don't this before and it worked, sorry.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Take the battery out, take the sim card out, blow dry everything, and do not put it back together for at least 24 FULL hours, I know this may be hard but it might save your little phones life. I washed my husbands phone twice now the first time it was a gonner, the second time it was a keeper. ONLY because I followed these simple steps. Good luck with the phone, I hope I am not too late to help...
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 21, 2007, 08:46 AM
    I put mine above the radiator, just make sure that it doesn't get too hot
    Amy_Apples Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2007, 05:55 PM
    If you take everything out (sim card, battery) and put it in a bag a rice (ziplock) keep it there and it will absorb the moisture.
    quiero_matarme Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 07:39 AM
    There are some special little balls (usually put in the clothes so they absorb he moisture) If you have some put it in there. My friend had the same accident. He took the battery out, he cleaned all the salts the phone got and he managed to get the mobile phone working again (although some functions did not worked as well as before). The main problem is not the water but the salt
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 08:28 AM
    I dropped my alpha pager in the loo a couple of times. A cell phone wouldn't be much different, I suppose. Like everyone else has suggested, remove the battery and anything else that comes off and allow it to dry. I save desiccant packs that come in various products (they say DO NOT EAT!) just for occasions like this. Throw it in a bag with a few of those things and hope that it will be enough.

Please let us know if any of our suggestions worked for you.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 30, 2007, 08:39 AM
    My house contents insurance will pay out if this happens regardless of where I am. Holiday, restaurant, etc. Have you got the same? May require a little white lie something like "It was by the drainer.....". Not that I advocate lying to an insurance company.
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Take the battery out and take the phone(without the battery) and let it sit in a bowl of rice overnight. The rice absorbs all the water within the phone. Hope that helps :)
    tommeitz Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 09:11 AM
    My girlfriend did the same thing,:confused: I read in a photo magazine years ago if your camera gets wet to turn on the oven in its lowest setting and leave the door partially open and place the camera or cell phone(Battery and Sim card removed) on the highest self for 20 minutes, remove and let set 24hrs. By doing this it applies heat on the inside of phone or camera and allows the moisture to evaporate. It has work for me on three different occasions. LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Don't Want A New Cell Phone! [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: Hi, A couple of years ago I purchaes a flip phone from ATT Wireless-about a year ago CellularOne took over. I chose the pay-as-you-go service. Last month, I was more or less informed by CellularOne that I needed to sign up for a new pay-as-you-go plan & purchase a new phone. I don't...

Already own cell phone? [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone direct me or inform me?I previously had a contract with a company who provided cell phone service(ALLTELL) The contract has been Up(1year) 9th of Jan 2005.Iwould like to use my exsisting phone(Motorola) And sign on with a new company.Most PCS will not do this,you have to use Their...

Cell phone [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cingular cell phone.. I broke it.. my son gave me his old Samsung t-mobil phone.. well my sim card won't work.. is there any way to make it work?? any help

I need help about a certain cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am in need of help. Im thinking of buying a cellphone but I'm not sure if it will be compatible. Ive done searches and found nothing. I have no knowledge about cellphones and basically I just know how they work. Now the cell phone model is called the p900iv you might recall this phone from...

View more questions Search