Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antoselva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 11:04 PM
    9734823624 I received many wrong calls from this number in india. Could you please fi
    I received many wrong calls from this number in india. Could you please find the location?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 11:45 AM

Here are a few comments on this particular number I gleaned when I googled that phone number:

Early this morning I got a call on my cell phone from 973-482-3624. The caller said he was calling from London, but his accent said he was from the U.S and the area code displayed on my phone narrowed his location down to somewhere in the Newark, Paterson, Morristown New Jersey area. He said his company was calling me for employment; they wanted me for a job accepting fund transfers. Sound familiar from all those scam emails?

I received a call from this company. I did not answer. I am involved in investigative work. I spent a little time researching this number. Unless someone is using this number to make SPOOF calls (look up the term), it is IDT Entertainment (also IDT Telecom or IDT Long Distance). The are classified as a telephone pre-paid card sales & distribution company. They may be located at 520 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102. Another address is 520 Broad Street 4th Floor, Newark, NJ 07102. The website site is Integrated Device Technology - Semiconductor Solutions - Homepage.
    The phone number is (973) 438-1000. Other Phone numbers include:

Tel: (800) 889-9126
    Tel: (800) 413-1546
    Tel: (800) 889-9126
    Tel: (877) 887-6866
    Tel: (973) 438-3931

The officers are Nadine Duhamel, Associate General Counsel, Mr. Anthony Acevedo - Customer Service, Liore Alroy - Chief Executive Officer, Mikhail Leibov - President, James A Courter - Director. According to the BBB they are had 397 complaints of which 8 were unresolved. The have also had action taken against them by the NJ Attorney General. On a scale of A to F, the BBB gave IDT an F rating. They have had over 30 civil actions brought againt them, including by the Department of labor, and the State of NJ. I do not know how they operate and why they would be in the business of scamming people. This information has not been verified and I do not claim this to be the final word on the phone number. Please do your own research if you like. I personally feel insulted when someone tries to scam me, which is why I do not answer the phone when I do recognize the number.

My husband calls me from Pakistan on his cell phone, and it pops up this number every time from Newark, NJ.

This is coming from Newark New Jersey - not India. It is some sort of long distance overseas switching center.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocked or Restricted Number Calls [ 2 Answers ]

IF someone is calling you from a blocked number, is there a way to find out who they are?

I received a text messege from this number +639103685415. How to trace this number? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a text messege from this number +639103685415. How to trace this number?

ITIN Number not received [ 4 Answers ]

Hi ! I am working on H1B. I have already filed my tax return in the month of march, 2009. But, I am still awaiting my ITIN Number from Harrisburg, I send all the details alongwith W7 alongwith spouse passport duly notarised copy. I have also got the letter from IRS to give the ITIN No. of...

Filed With Wrong EIN number [ 1 Answers ]

What can if anything can I do if. My hubby made a mistake with the ein number on his taxes. We efiled and it was accepted. Is there a way to correct that. He does have his w2's

View more questions Search