Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jun 14, 2008, 10:14 AM
    does everyone find the weekends harder to deal with than the rest of the weeek
    I guess find the days all about the same. She was gone most weekend visiting family so I am kind of thankful for that. During the week we were together every night and most of the day. But I can definitely see how weekends would be difficult.

well my ex got in contact a few nights ago just go ask how I was, anyhoo she starts telling me she's falling for someone else, I know the guy which is a bummer and he's a total idiot.
    I am dreading that day. I know it is coming but I just hope I will never know about it. That must suck that you know the guy she is going to be with. Why did she tell you that nugget of information anyway. Sounds a little mean of her or did you ask her?

is anyone else sick of hearing SOME women say that men have no feelings? I mean all they have to do is come on this site and they would see a fine example of just how much feelings a man can have. Its funny though cause some of the stuff I say here I would never say to someone face to face and maybe that's one of the problems, men don't really talk about their emotions that much.
    I do get sick of hearing that men have no feelings. I do not blame that only on women. Men always try to act tough and macho so. Men should not be afraid to show they have feelings. It's just a crazy world we live in.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 14, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Hey zooropa1985,
    Weekends are harder. I think because we have more time think, less distractions. So, you need to keep those distractions coming. See some friends, come on this site, play a game, do something to distract you! That is the key to NC...

How did your ex get in contact with you?
    Do you plan to be more strict with your NC after this?
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 14, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Well it kind of started when she asked if I would try again with her, I said I don't know and she asked if I would think about it.

So a few days pass and she seems me that email telling me she's sorry but she didn't mean what she said, she has falling for someone else and that she can't help the way she feels.

So basically she was mind fu@kin me, that's why all I feel is anger.

The guys a total pervert too which makes it worse :(

Jun 14, 2008, 10:20 AM
    It sounds like you need to be a lot more strict with your NC with this girl. She doesn't know what she wants. You should move on. That's my opinion, I know it is a lot easier said than done though. I myself suck at keeping NC.

Jun 14, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg
    It sounds like you need to be a lot more strict with your NC with this girl. She doesn't know what she wants. You should move on. Thats my opinion, I know it is a lot easier said than done though. I myself suck at keeping NC.
    I'm the same, I get to the point where I tell her to just leave me alone but then I start feeling guilty lol, it's a bad thing to have.

Anyhoo maybe this was the kick in the I needed to jump start me back into healing

Jun 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
    ZOO I agree with JRSG the NC rule with your ex could be a good idea for you if it is strictly enforced.

Anger is understandable and part of the grieving process. Anger is okay but just do not act on those thoughts. WE can think whatever we want as long as we do not turn those thoughts into actions.

I gues acceptance is the last stage. I am not there yet but I think it is coming. This site has been most helpful.

Jun 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Well, good luck with your healing.
    I am thinking about my ex waay too much right now. I need to distract myself, so I am going biking with my friend. Biking is a hobby I picked up after being dumped a few girlfriends ago. It is healthy, and distracts me. Today, my friend and I are going to attempt to bike over 40km! We just did 35km last week. It's a goal I've set to make me forget about the ex, gives me something to work for.
    Did I mention that my ex is at the beach right now with her ex? Yeah, I need a distraction! I am going to lose my mind if I think about what they are doing... ugh. Anyway, I'll see you guys around the site!

And that ON THE AIR video was helarious, and made me forget about my ex for the 4 minutes and 23 seconds it lasted, lol. Thanks

Jun 14, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Cheers about the vid, glad you liked it, you do know it's a recording of a real radio show with the animation done for TV.

Anyhoo I have 2 distractions for tonight, first of is finishing metal gear solid 3 then its onto metal gear solid 4 my friends. :)

Jun 14, 2008, 10:42 AM
    That video was really cool, especially because it's a recording of a radio show. Must be one hell of a funny radio show, lol.

Good luck with Metal Gear Sold 3/4 buddy! Have fun, and KEEP DISTRACTED!! Can't stress that enough.
    dollarman Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Jun 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Day 16 of NC. My ex just texted me. Nothing major. It just said "Happy Sabbath :-)". I didn't reply and I probably won't. Any other opinions guys?

Ps. How's everyone else doing today?

Jun 14, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Id buy that for a dollar lol do you get it? :)

I'm not doing too bad meself, I find Saturday nights the hardest though

How's you keeping

Jun 14, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Haha. Yeah I got it. SOOOOOOOOOLLLLLD! Lol. And yeah the weekends are the toughest, but it does get easier. I'm starting to find solace in the fact I can be happy by myself. Still smiling! Oh yeah!

Jun 14, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Good for you dollarman. That is strength there mate. Will certainly make her think things over. Well done.

Jun 14, 2008, 12:06 PM
    I appreciate it. But I'm taking it at face value. Its nothing more than a feeler. I'd rather not entertain that right now.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    Also, you might have wanted to call her because you felt bad for being a dumb a$$ the other night. I am sure you don't need me to tell you, but bud you really don't need problems like that at this stage in the game. Use the the ol head next time. And I say that as a friend.
    Yeh.. I agree.. lol

For driving with expired permit & DUI... I know I should not have done that, but I was really... down =/~

needed some time alone to myself.

Jun 14, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Hey, I got through the day! Girlfriend was at the beach with her ex, but I don't know, NOR DO I CARE what happened. Well, I do care, but you know...

Sunday, I am seeing the grandparents. That will help distract me, I'm sure.

What are you guys doing to distract yourselves today?
    spartan24018 Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Jun 14, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg
    Hey, I got through the day! Girlfriend was at the beach with her ex, but I don't know, NOR DO I CARE what happened. Well, I do care, but you know...

Sunday, I am seeing the grandparents. That will help distract me, i'm sure.

What are you guys doing to distract yourselves today?
    Read a book, cleaned my house, worked out and played my guitar. How about you?

Jun 14, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Man just been relaxing all day. I got the TV to myself and I'm hanging. I'm glad that we are getting through this guys. It helps to be in the trenches with others.
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Jun 14, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Man, today was so sweet. My friends had a bbq at 2. Watched the Euros for a bit and then went for the bbq. Just relaxed, laughed, met some new friends and some nice looking women. Went to a lounge later and just had lots of fun. It made my day so much easier and helped me to realize that there is more to my life than my ex.

I was pretty secluded when I was with my ex. It was either her or university. Now, I do something new every weekend and it's so much fun.

Don't be afraid to try something new or trying to meet new people
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 15, 2008, 01:38 AM
    I watched 'CHEATERS'

holy crap... a 20 year old guy was married to a 19 year old girl..

Well, the girl blew him off with another guy =/

Yeh.. the guy (married) found out and damn... the girl was a gold-digger apparently since she cheated on her "husband" for another guy who drives a tuned up Honda S2000..

kind of sad though =/
    A tuned up Silvia 13-15, Mazda RX-7, Mustang etc. can out run s2000...
    Why? S2000 is pretty heavy... lol

some people are just too blinded by their own dependency for stuff =/

anyways, maybe 2 weeks of me not talking to my ex excluding the time when my ex called =/

Don't know~ sometimes I feel like trash... sometimes I feel alright

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search