Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Fitness Calendar
    I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc?

I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December of 07. I realized that I was relatively overweight, so I started a regimen of diet and exercise:

Breakfast (8am) - bowl of plain oatmeal with applesauce to flavor

Snack (10am) - apple or banana

Lunch (1pm) - salad with grilled chicken

Snack (3pm) - yogurt or apple or banana

Dinner (6pm) - grilled chicken or fish with steamed veggies

Snack (10pm) - protein shake

Snack (1am) - handful of trail mix or nuts (roasted unsalted)

Monday/Wednesday/Friday - lift weights

Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday - Run (3 - 4 miles)

After 4 months, I am now 155... now working on getting back up to 160 with just muscle.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 03:12 PM
    my schedule is mostly to maintain, not to lose, and some to try to keep toning. I'm happy where I'm at, could crank things in, could let go some and still not be unhappy. In my 30's now, so occasionally when the metabolism takes a hit, I need to adjust with a harder workout. 5ft 11in, 235 +/- 10lbs, wide "football" build... I haven't been "normal" weight since college.. I'm just built "thicker" and "wider" in frame. My grandfathers build.

breakfast: english muffin with peanut butter, half a banana, water

morning snack: fiber one oats and chocolate bar. Yum. Sams club.

lunch: meat (roast beef, turkey, chix), cheese, crackers and half a can of fruit when on "schedule"... ill have lunch dates that break this trend from time to time. Milk or water.

late afternoon snack: nuts... macademias, cashews, sunflowers, almonds. Amazing how this can tide you over and give you good oils. Water.

dinner: mixed. I'm a good cook and I cook many things. Proportions is key here. About a cup of meat, a cup of carbs, a cup of fruit (often fresh pineapple and strawberries), and two cups of veggies. Water, sometimes a glass of wine.

no planned snack. It happens now and then. No snacking allowed, but a glass of wine around 9PM is common.

if anything, by veggies are lacking. I religiously take a good multivitamin.

5-5:30 AM start cardio for an hour, probably 5 days a week, walking, running, jumping rope, tae bo... anything to get the heart up. 3-4 miles if running/walking.

lunchtime: gym work... usually a little weights and a little eliptical. Lately been doing pilates 2-3x a week. Sucks arse. Ow ow ow ow ow.

evening: random... if I watch TV, and I don't much, I lift weights. Also stretching a lot in the evening.
    darkthrill92 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 11:10 AM

What's your water intake per day? What about juice and dairy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search