Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
    LOL! Yes, I understand that all too well, normally one is better than the other... ;)

Chocolat is worth it - if for nothing else, watching a gypsy Johnny Depp in a chocolate shoppe.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
    How about the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp. I loved the original, loved the book when I was a kid, the remake wasn't great. I loved it all until they changed the ending, the original ending was what made the movie special to me. Besides, Johnny's hairstyle in that movie made me want to grab a razor and start shaving.:p

Oh no, my daughter just realized there was chocolate. I really have to find a secret hidey hole that I can eat my chocolate in, this sharing thing sucks.:(

Thank goodness my hubby and son don't have much of a sweet tooth!

Brave is the person that comes between me and my chocolate, foolish is the person that stays between me and my chocolate. :p
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 12:09 PM
    I echo your sentiments of the Chocolate Factory. Although, I did enjoy the glass elevator bits... they were a cute touch.

"Sharing" and "chocolate" are seldom seen in the same sentence... and with good reason!
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
    I thwarted her efforts to gain access to my chocolate by giving her a piece of cake. I don't think this is bad parenting, by preventing access to chocolate I'm enabling her to live a normal life without addictions. Really, I only have her best interests at heart. Hey, get away from that chocolate, it's poisonous, really, it will kill you, especially if you don't put it down this instant, that's MINE!:p

Naw, really I'm a good mom, she got a piece of toblerone, I told her that was all there was, but I did give her one piece.:o
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Naw, really I'm a good mom, she got a piece of toblerone, I told her that was all there was, but I did give her one piece.:o
    Aww... you are a good Mum. And really, what she doesn't know of the sweet nectar of chocolate won't hurt her! NEVER give her Godiva... that's how my Dad ruined me!
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Let's hope she stays away from coffee otherwise she's setting herself up for a lifetime of hurt.;)

My husband introduced my 9 year old to pepsi, I could just slap him silly. As if a 9 year old male needs caffeine in his system.:) I'm trying to limit him to one pepsi a week, caffeine and sugar free, the little bugger can taste the difference, I think I might have to send him to rehab.:p
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Ooo... but so much better Pepsi than Coke ;) Yup, I'm a pepsi girl.

I just really have capitalized on the whole caffeine thing... Coffee, chocolate, Pepsi... I just live a caffeinated life! But hey, that's not a bad thing!

(its just the random twitches that have me worried... but they only happen every once in a while... ;) )
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Oh Good, I thought I was the only one who got the twitches, I've never mentioned them to anyone, just in case it wasn't normal, don't want to end up in a rubber room with a jacket that does up in the back.:p

Ahh caffeine, the nectar of the Gods.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    ...don't want to end up in a rubber room with a jacket that does up in the back.:p
    Hmmm... sounds like a fun fri night date. ;)

Anyway... so if you're looking for a good chocolate fix, you might try the kind that makes my wife weak in the knees...

Teuscher champagne truffles... pretty darn yummy.

Now... they aren't cheap. It was something like $40 for 16 champagne truffles, but her opinion is one fantastic piece of chocolate trumps a dozen mediocre pieces. I know she knows exactly were she can get a box from her "choco dealers" in the cities she travels to.

We have a great little locally owned chocolate shoppe, the sister US shop of the family's european store, that has good stuff... but it just isn't the same as teuscher's little box o' sin.

Website attached.

teuscher chocolates of switzerland
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Naughty, Naughty, and I was just starting to feel okay with the idea of an Aero bar. Now an Aero will never do.

The best chocolate I ever had was a white chocolate that we bought on our travels to Jasper, Alberta. It was a chocolate store owned by a Swiss couple. The sad thing was that you could only buy it in 1, 2 , 3 or more pound pieces. I opted for the 1 pound and put it in the cooler on the back seat of the car. I found myself turning around in my seat every few minutes to grab a bite. It became too much of a hassle so I put the paper bag with my block of chocolate on the floor at my feet and promptly forgot all about it.

I didn't remember it until our next stop around 4 hours later. It had melted into a very sad puddle of chocolate mush, my husband (who wasn't my husband at the time and is lucky I married him after what he said) was more concerned about the carpet in his vehicle then he was about my melted chocolate. Carpet? Carpet can be replaced, a good chocolate is so hard to find.:)
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 01:52 PM
    You all will think I'm crazy, but the best chocolate I've ever had (besides the divinity that is Godiva, of course) was found in a tiny little chocolate shoppe in He'arbin, China.

The town of He'arbin has this amazing ice and snow festival every year because of its geographic location... its actually further North than this famously cold city in Siberia! After a long day of hitting the ice slides, the snow sculptures, the ice maze, and the snow wonderland my friends and I found a divine little Russian chocolate shoppe... that served hot coffee and these amazing dark chocolate golden nuggets. They were simply divine...

Course, it could have been the baileys that was added into the hot coffee, but it was a delightful piece of chocolate!

The best Hot chocolate was in Viareggio Italy... their chocolate is so amazingly thick it coats the spoon you stir it with! Mmm...

Geez, Kp... I was out of "must-have-chocolate" mode... Rah... :)
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 02:11 PM
    In spain the "hot chocolate" was really like molten, thick chocolate... reminded me of the stories of montezuma drinking his fix of melted choco before entering his harem.

Of course I'm a boy, so ill tie it into sex however I can.
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 02:48 PM
    KP-You little sex fiend you. I refuse to think about chocolate any more today, instead I'm cleaning my bathroom, if that can't put me off chocolate I don't know what can, I have two toilet bowl missing men in my house.

HC- Bailey's in hot chocolate, now I have to go to the liquor store. And you think I'm an enabler.

Another obsession, ice cream. Germany has wonderful ice cream, they have ice cream shops like we have coffee shops. I can resist ice cream today, the weather outside is still to cold for me to consider any ice cream. I can't wait until summer. Snow, bah humbug.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Have you had baileys and ice cream?

Take a blender and some breyers natural vanilla and some baileys and blend. Add to taste.

Then pour into a glass... a crystal white wine glass is perfect, add a spoon, fire up the fireplace...

Crap... back to sex again. Oh darn.

Anyway... it's a fav treat.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Darn you, Alt!! I made an analogy about coffee ice cream today and thought that it got the need for another coffee/chocolate sundae out of my system! Rah... there goes the couple pounds I lost this week... Oh well... it's soooo worth it!

Gelato... Mmm... another one of my obsessions with Italy. Italy - the perfect country. Pasta, Gelato, Chocolat, and Ferrari's, and Italian men... you can't get much better than that! :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Ooo... I have baileys and coffee ice cream at home... mmmm...

Thanks KP!

I think... ;)
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I have no sexual references for gelatto...

Oh... wait... my wife is italian. Bingo!

;)
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 03:00 PM
    KP- Thanks to you my husband is going to be a very happy man when he gets home tonight. Now I'm obsessing about sex.:D

HC- I had to mention ice cream, misery loves company.

I wonder, ice cream with baileys during sex? Too cold? Mood breaker? I'll let you know tomorrow.:)
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Niiice Alt... sheesh. Now you're both depressing me...

I'm about ready to head home to a yummy baileys/ice cream shake and a bubble bath.

That works for me! :)
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Sorry about that HC, all's fair in love and chocolate.:p

Hey, did I mention that I'd also buy a trailer if I won the lottery. I'm not talking roughing it, I'm done with that, I'm talking 35 feet of glorious trailer with a microwave and everything. Oops, did I say 35 feet, KP will think of something sexual to go with that comment.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My email have won a lottery is it a genuine [ 13 Answers ]

Hi... I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have...

Simple Lottery [ 1 Answers ]

The problem: You just won the lottery. The jackpot is 10 million, paid in 20 equal, annual payments starting today. In present-value terms, how much did you really win? Use an annual interest rate of 6.6%. Any clues?

Lottery winner [ 3 Answers ]

I've noticed an Ohio store clerk lottery winner of a million dollars, decided to take $50,000 annually for a number of years. After IRS taxes it would be only $34,000 annually. That a 68% tax bite. So I guess IRS has a certain tax rate for gambling proceeds. Too bad You could not include it as...

What if I got a email claming that I won the lottery? [ 2 Answers ]

I got an email that told me that I have won money. And three weeks later I received money but then when I call them they told me to go to the bank so they can send me the rest of the money I don't knoe if it's a scam please help

The Lottery Ticket [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone written a personal study on this short story by Anton Chekhov:)

View more questions Search