Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victoria41's Avatar
    Victoria41 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Aug 26, 2015, 02:53 PM
    How do I find someone in Accra Ghana
    How do I check the identity of someone I met Facebook from Accra Ghana
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,479, Reputation: 1857
    Admin & Wine Expert
     
    #2

    Aug 26, 2015, 03:05 PM
    They may well be but that does stop it being any less of a scam...
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #3

    Aug 26, 2015, 04:50 PM
    What is wrong with meeting a real person that LOCAL to you? Even total losers manage to find partners locally. Without going to the romance scam capital of the world.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692
    Expert
     
    #4

    Aug 26, 2015, 05:42 PM
    To answer your question, there is no real way. You could contact a place, like a church and talk to the pastor there. Then ask your friend to take their ID and documents to the church and show them to the pastor.

    I will be honest, almost 99 percent of all people who are dating, and about 100 percent who have a business scheme are all fake. Or if using their real ID is still a scam.

    It normally works, they talk to you, find you on a dating site, Facebook, or other social media. I will give you an example, I have about 10 girls a month tell me, they want to get to know me better. Or a few need money for a video camera or something.
    All scams.

    They will chat for maybe one to 6 months and get to know you. Then they want to come to be with you. They need money for passport or visa, then they ask for money for health check, then money for a travel allowance. Then on the way to the airport they are robbed or have to go to hospital. And need more money again.

    The other, they have something, money in a bank, diamonds, or something, and want you to help them out of the country with them.

    Another, they are from a bank and need help with a account whree everyone is dead and want you to claim it.

    There are more, but those are some of the popular ones
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,227, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #5

    Aug 26, 2015, 08:36 PM
    Of all the places and people on the net and in the world, why waste time on the SCAM capital of the universe?
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #6

    Aug 27, 2015, 04:44 PM
    Go to Ghana and track them down?

    Ghana is the scam capital of the world. They're very famous for love scams.

    Is this person asking you for money?
    Victoria41's Avatar
    Victoria41 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #7

    Aug 28, 2015, 03:48 PM
    I met this person on Facebook and we've been talking through messenger for about a month. He has not asked me for money and has warned me about the scamming in Ghana and Nigeria. I have told him about my concerns and wanted to be sure of his identity. He showed me a picture ID (voting ID) and a birth certificate. I have a lot of photos and have seen him on video chats. Also I have a video he made me. He has told me he is poor and does not have a job, but wants to come here. I would like to know how to be sure of his identity.
    Victoria41's Avatar
    Victoria41 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #8

    Aug 28, 2015, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    To answer your question, there is no real way. You could contact a place, like a church and talk to the pastor there. Then ask your friend to take their ID and documents to the church and show them to the pastor.

    I will be honest, almost 99 percent of all people who are dating, and about 100 percent who have a business scheme are all fake. Or if using their real ID is still a scam.

    It normally works, they talk to you, find you on a dating site, Facebook, or other social media. I will give you an example, I have about 10 girls a month tell me, they want to get to know me better. Or a few need money for a video camera or something.
    All scams.

    They will chat for maybe one to 6 months and get to know you. Then they want to come to be with you. They need money for passport or visa, then they ask for money for health check, then money for a travel allowance. Then on the way to the airport they are robbed or have to go to hospital. And need more money again.

    The other, they have something, money in a bank, diamonds, or something, and want you to help them out of the country with them.

    Another, they are from a bank and need help with a account whree everyone is dead and want you to claim it.

    There are more, but those are some of the popular ones
    Yeah, I think you are right. Thank you so much for this information. I think he is using his own identity, but in my gut it feels like he is up to something and not completely truthful. Even if he's not a scammer he still has a character flaw.

    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    What is wrong with meeting a real person that LOCAL to you? Even total losers manage to find partners locally. Without going to the romance scam capital of the world.
    I've had so really bad local relationships, so distance doesn't seem to matter
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #9

    Aug 28, 2015, 04:13 PM
    So... those are easily faked and over a web cam... it would be impossible to see it wasn't printed out on a inkjet printer.

    THey will play you until send all of your money to them.... and he is a scammer... the requests for money aren't far away.

    A foolish person and their money are soon parted.

    What you have is nothing... NONE of it "PROVES" anything.

    Everyone has had some bad relationships....that's how you know a good one when you find it. If you keep picking the wrong people....then talk to your friends....let them work with you because they can spot a loser before you might....because they have no attachment at all and can see these things better than you would, and probably point out what you seem to be focusing on that is the wrong choices to make.. But you HAVE to do it with someone real...someone that's local.
    Victoria41's Avatar
    Victoria41 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #10

    Aug 28, 2015, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Of all the places and people on the net and in the world, why waste time on the SCAM capital of the universe?
    Sometimes I think God is testing my faith. I thought this same thing and then I said well I'll see, but I'm not that needy of romance and can walk away. Just have to ask what if?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Go to Ghana and track them down?

    Ghana is the scam capital of the world. They're very famous for love scams.

    Is this person asking you for money?
    He wants me to come there, is that part of the scam?
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #11

    Aug 28, 2015, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria41 View Post
    Sometimes I think God is testing my faith. I thought this same thing and then I said well I'll see, but I'm not that needy of romance and can walk away. Just have to ask what if?



    He wants me to come there, is that part of the scam?
    Yes.. they clain they need money for a ticket... then a LOT of money for an inexpensive passport.. then a LOT of money to be allowed to travel... (something nobody needs), Then before that there are the other "emergencies"

    There is no "what if" here. This CLEARLY a scammer. Just search for Ghanna scam on this site....the only "what if" you will ever have here....is "what if" I had never wasted my money on this scam...and I had it for real and important things.

    If you just need laid... go to a bar, or hire a Male prostitute...that will cost you money too, but at least you will actually get something for your money that's not misrepresented. But I don't think that's the case. What is certain...is he isn't what he claims to be....and probably already has a wife and kids there too. And is playing OTHER women just like he is doing to you.

    You mention God..than means you are a religious person...talk to someone at your church to see if they know someone local that's available.
    Victoria41's Avatar
    Victoria41 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #12

    Aug 28, 2015, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Go to Ghana and track them down?

    Ghana is the scam capital of the world. They're very famous for love scams.

    Is this person asking you for money?
    There is romance but he has not asked for money, course maybe it's not time yet. But he does want to come here or me to go there. He knows I don't have money and that's the truth. I live pay check to pay check. So it seems he would be wasting his time, unless he thinks I'm lying. Of course he told me these people from Ghana who scam will you fake profiles and claim they are from another country. So why would he use his own country, since that would make us run the other way. He has also not been very much of a smooth operator in his style and I'm guessing these guys are well rehearsed. I would just like to be sure he can't get into my system on my phone, I haven't used my home computer to socialize. I do have Trend Micro security on my phone.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #13

    Aug 28, 2015, 04:36 PM
    Also... learn to be comfortable by yourself. Self confidence is a magnet for the right type of people... desperation is a magnet for the people who want to take advantage of others.

    You sound REALLY desperate to be his sucker....You are defending him. Nobody see's anything but scammer.

    It cost him nothing to play you, and get you to part with money you need for rent, medical bills or other things....and there are people foolish enough to do just that.

    Most people that get scammed don't have much...because they are the ones most likely to believe you can get something for nothing....and there are get rich schemes right around the corner waiting for them. Which of course...there never is.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692
    Expert
     
    #14

    Aug 28, 2015, 05:36 PM
    They build a relationship and trust, in fact, often they almost make you ask them to take money. They will say how much they want to come, but are too poor.

    And no, I doubt it is their real ID. I had the "honor" of visiting one of those places on a mission trip. They sometimes use people for video chat and the such, but they can fake a ID and passport and the such, so well, it will look better than the real thing.

    Other smaller operators, are not as good at faking things.

    And they are convincing. I have them contact me, almost every week. The last one, conntected to my Skype, somehow. And wanted to do a "hummm dance" for me.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #15

    Aug 30, 2015, 02:04 PM
    He mentioned he didn't have a job (red flag), he mentioned he'd love to come visit you (he has not job and no money, so who's paying for that), and he wants you to come visit (there will be excuse after excuse for why you can't).

    Of course he's going to ease your worries by mentioning the scams from Ghana, and how he isn't a scammer.

    So how did you two meet? You said on fb. Did he contact you, or did you contact him? How did you two start talking?

    Wait for it, I bet he asks for money soon, or hints at how badly he needs it so he can be with you, and then hope that you get the hint and send him some cash. You'll never meet in person, I'd bet money on it, even if you send him money. Something else will always come up that requires you to send more money so that the two of you can be together, his one true love out of the hundreds of others he's scamming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

How do I find someone who is in accra,ghana [ 3 Answers ]

I need to find someone who is in accra,ghana name is dave harris

How do I find a person n accrA GHANA [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for a family member that's n accra ghana. How can someone help me find her

Find people accra ghana [ 5 Answers ]

Finding a person in accra Ghana

How to find person in ghana accra [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for someone named kwarteng appiah itf princewel he says he lives in accra ghana


View more questions Search