Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Doc Sun's Avatar
    Doc Sun Posts: 7, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Mar 26, 2006, 06:34 PM
    I bought some stock in a small company about 30 years ago. I still have the stock certificates. The company is still in business. They were listed at one time on NASDAQ but were delisted years ago. It appears to be an OTC.

    I'm trying to find out if my stock has any value or if I can sell it. Numerous calls to the company go unanswered. I sent them two registered letters which I have the return receipts but they did not reply to my letters.

    My stock brokers don't have any suggestions on what to do. Is there any legal action or government agency I can use to find out what is going on?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 26, 2006, 08:01 PM
    IF you can name the name and location of the company, someone here may know or perhaps can research something you have missed.

    When you say calls are unanswered, they just don't answer the phone, it rings and rings, or no one can or will give you an answer.

    And it is possible the people managing the company at the location you are sending mail to, has no really idea either and is sending the mail to someone else.
    rkim291968's Avatar
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34
    Full Member

    Mar 26, 2006, 08:38 PM
    What is the company name? I am sure others here can track it down further.
    stocksAnswer's Avatar
    stocksAnswer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 10, 2011, 08:45 AM
    Looking For Winning Stock Information?
    Subscribe now to the hottest newsletter with exceptional service to guide you!

    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    Mar 10, 2011, 10:22 AM

    Why isn't this in the "Corporate Law" sub-forum? I know most treads there have nothing to do with corporate law, but this one does.

    Are you sending the mail to the right address? Check with the Corporations Section of the state where this corporation was incorporated and make sure you are sending your mail to the address they have for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I buy stocks for long term investing using credit card [ 11 Answers ]

Hi; How can I buy stocks for long term investing using credit card? Note: I am not a US citizen.

401k to stocks [ 1 Answers ]

What are the legal and tax considerations of using present 401k funds for investing in individual stocks? Most to my 401k money is in a S&P 500 fund. Expenses are cheap but the S&P is not doing anything to brag about. Thank you

Diluted Stocks [ 1 Answers ]

Need more help... it is very appreciated. A Corp. has outstanding 125,000 shares of common stock and 7,500 share of noncumulative, 8 percent, $50 par preferred stock. Each preferred share is convertible into 8 shares of common stock. Net income was $231,500. Compute basic and diluted earnings...

Stocks- Help [ 1 Answers ]

December 31,2006, company had outstanding 180,000 shares of common stock. Net income for 2006 was $285,000. Outstanding options to purchase 15,000 shares of common stock at $20 per share had not been exercised by December 31,2006, market prices for common stock were: July 1, 2006: $18 per share...

Earnings Per Share: Stocks [ 1 Answers ]

I have to do this problem, and I am so confused. Please help if you know about stocks. If I had 370,000 shares of $20 par common stock outstanding. January, 2,000, 8% bonds were issued with maturity value of $1,000 each. To have a better bond sale, I offer a conversion of 50 shares of common...

View more questions Search