Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariecarlson1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Court papers served on a paid credit card bill
    How do I respond back to the superior court on a summons that I have paid the bill in full. I have a letter written by the collection agent that states that I have paid this amount in full. What court papers do I need to fill out because they have requested "a written response in proper legal form". A paralegal wants to charge me $250.00... everyone says that is too much. HELP!
    Marie
    PS I live in California
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:42 PM
    You could Google "examples of proper legal response to a summons" or perhaps even go to the law library at your local courthouse and find examples there.

That would be a lot less than $250!

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a judgement for credit card debt [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was served a judgement this morning for credit card debt for about 4500$. There is no option for a court date to dispute this. I haven't spoken to these people before nor have I received any written letters. I do not believe the debt is mine. Here is my hangup though, I have 30...

Served summons&complaint for credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Michigan. I was served a summons and complaint twenty minutes ago for failure to pay for credit that I obtained about 5-6 years ago. Asset Acceptance purchased all 3 of the charge cards that I was unable to pay due to divorce and low paying jobs. I am now remarried, but I own...

Old Credit Card Debt - Paid off. [ 2 Answers ]

We mortgaged our home to do a debt consolidation in 2000. Our debt was paid off by the company that we borrowed the money from. Now we are receiving statements from lawyers saying that they will be suing us if we don't pay them. I have papers showing what was paid off. We are getting endless...

Served with court papers regarding a CC debt. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My question is I live in New York and was served with court papers regarding a CC debt that I have no idea what it is I have never had a credit card with the bank that they are stating on the court papers... I know I must present myself or at least my answer but I have no idea what this is...

Just found a Judgement on my credit that was paid before court? [ 5 Answers ]

I ran my credit report for the first time in 4 years. I see I have a judgement in the public record section. This debt was paid in full 1 day before the court date!! I have the proof that I paid the debt in Full. Does anyone have any idea how I go about having that judgement totally removed from...

View more questions Search