Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Halawah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 05:07 AM
    Can the employer made the manager resposible for stock lost
    Manager were held responsible over stock loss made by his staff, his staff has resigned. Can the employer deduct his Manager's salary for the amount of stock lost under his care?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2012, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Halawah View Post
    Manager were held responsible over stock loss made by his staff, his staff has resigned. Can the employer deduct his Manager's salary for the amount of stock lost under his care?

I'm assuming no employment contract or union - ?

No, the employer can't simply deduct the cost of lost merchandise from anyone's salary. Employer needs to prove who did the stealing and then use legal means to be made whole.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shares of stock at previous employer [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have 33 shares of common stock at BNY Mellon from a previous employer. What do I need to do if I want to withdraw the shares or transfer into money?

Employer made us sign voucher with false amount, what can we do? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked with an NGO based in the Philippines as a project staff for about a year. Aside from the regular check voucher that we are signing each time we receive our paycheck, they made as sign a corresponding voucher with a much higher amount and they are using it to report and claim expenses to...

Property Manager made a Mistake in the date of lease termination [ 2 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of a fast reply! My husband and I signed our original lease May, 2007. On March 15, 2008 we resigned another year lease. At the time I assumed the original lease for carry through and the new yearly lease would start again in May and run through May 2009. January 2008...

My employer made mistake with my W2 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My employer made a mistake on my W2 and claimed me as a 2, I filled out the paperwork as a 7 and now the mistake has cost me over $300.00.:mad: Is there any way to get this money back before the end of the year?::(

View more questions Search