Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolelynn2 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Death! And dying
    I am terrified of dying... I go to the dr. and the dentist.. etc... I know I'm healthy, yet still scared to death of dying. I have been this way ever since my great grandmother died yrs ago.. we were very close... I mean I get so scared of getting killed.. everytime I get sick or get a pain... etc... I am a very severe hypochondriac
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 01:21 PM
    nicolelynn2, I just noticed your post and saw that no one has answered it. I did not want you to feel ignored especially considering the subject matter here. I hope I will be of some help to you.

What you are expressing here is something that a lot of people feel. When someone close to us that we love dearly dies, we have a tendency to dwell on the subject of death and dying. I felt the way you are feeling now, when this happened to me. On top of that, for a very long time I felt that if I adopted an animal into my home, which I desperately wanted to do, I would inadvertently do something inadvertently that would kill it! It was a pretty terrible way to live.

I eventually realized that I was not living my life the way I wanted to live it. I didn't want to live in fear of death and dying. For me, I thought, Wow, what am I doing to myself? I was turning into a depressed nervous wreck and didn't realize it. So, on the recommendation of a friend, I found a therapist. Although her practice wasn't limited to that, she did have enough experience helping people who were having trouble coping with loss and moving on with their lives. I cannot stress to you enough how much this woman helped me.

So, my suggestion to you, would be to do the same. Find someone who deals with either severe hypochondria if you feel that is the bulk of your issues, or someone who deals with death and dying. If you don't know of anyone who can recommend someone, since I don't know where you live, I have attached a link to a web site that I think will help you get started on your road to being happy again. You don't deserve to live trapped with your fears, anymore than I didn't.

Psychology Today: Find A Therapist

I hope you find this useful. Good Luck. :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
    It is all right to fear death or to think about dying as we all know that it is an eventuality.

But when these thoughts hinder your daily life then GET HELP! And fast..

Hope you find a way to help yourself... through an expert.

:)
    Topmodel Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Trust in God. I had a spell like that when I was 19. For some odd reason I had this deep deep feeling that I was going to be taking a dirt nap soon. I prayed about it and after I prayed, I unfortunately still had the feeling I was going to get into some huge car accident and I was going to die painfully. One day while I was pondering how I was going to die. God told me that when its my time go, I cannot do anything about it. He told me that I worry about things that I shouldn't be worrying and its not up to me to decide when I'm going to die.

I'm 23yrs old. If I die tomorrow, I can't prevent it. If I die 70 yrs from now, I can't prevent it. As long as I have a relationship with God, Its all good baby.lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I'm dying... [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... My boyfriend and I broke up and I was hoping someone could give me an idea or two for an amazing romantic gesture... that doesn't cost anything... and that would REALLY fix and help things... I don't want to lose him because he is truly the only guy that really cares... we've been...

My HifI's keep dying! Help [ 2 Answers ]

OK I moved my stereo system out of the way at Xmas to make way for tree etc. On plugging back in after Xmas - nothing it was dead - changed fuses etc nothing! Grabbed the one out of bedroom in worked fine , but we got a better hifi plugged in fine. Next day wanted to listen to cds again - it was...

Death& Dying? [ 27 Answers ]

My husband and I were just talking about death. He and I have completely different points of view on the matter. He is very confident in our beliefs of the afterlife and actually thinks it should be a day to celebrate, not mourn. I on the other, am a little more sensitive to the thought of it. ...

Dying Fish [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys, My kids have an aquarium at home medium size which has got a filter and they are changing the water and cleaning the whole stuff occasionally but not late. They are feeding them morning and evening according to the instructions from the pet shop. They have to buy new fishes in every two...

View more questions Search