Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Troy9212 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Is this DUI?
    I was arrested 4-days before Christmas for DUI. I passed the DUI test with a score of .061 which is under the legal limit in Florida. Why was I still arrested? I am mortified. I had 1-drink.

Troy :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 03:38 PM
    What is your age, if you are under the legal drinking age, that may be the issue.

Also were you charged, being arrested and taken into the station to blow the machine is one thing. If you pass they let you go and that is the end of it.

If they give you a ticket and a court date to appear then you are charged??
    whitty Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy9212
    I was arrested 4-days before Christmas for DUI. I passed the DUI test with a score of .061 which is under the legal limit in Florida. Why was I still arrested? I am mortified. I had 1-drink.

Troy :(
    You are right, 080 is the limit, unless the officers can prove you to be a less safe driver. What was the probable cause for the stop? Less safe can be i.e... weaving, speeding, accident, etc... Here in ga the limit is also .080, but a driver that can be proven less safe can be charged at .050 and above, especially in an accident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DUI Defense [ 9 Answers ]

I was accused of DUI in Los Angeles County. The main facts I have in my favour are: 1. The police did not actually stop me because my car was out of gas. 2. The car was not turned on. 3. The keys were not in the ignition. 4. The police can not prove when I stopped driving. 5. The...

Dui [ 3 Answers ]

I got pulled over last night for speeding and I had had a couple of drinks earlier in the night. Even though after taking me down to the station I tested a .06 on the first blow and a .07 on the second blow the officer still cited me for speeding which makes sense but he also wrote "Driving under...

Dui [ 2 Answers ]

I live in California my record got expunged I was looking for a job as a driver do I deny that the dui never happen because they said that they want a clean dmv printout. Even though my record got expunged what can I do can anyone help

Dui [ 5 Answers ]

I was arrested last night for a dui. I made an illegal you turn and a officer pulled me over. I don't remember what I blew on the breath test, and I failed the soberity tests that were given to me. I moved from Illinois to Arizona. I lived here for a year now. This is my first offense, and the...

Dui fines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got a dui in 1999 I was 20 at the time. I spent two days in jail and was released after I went to court. This is the only time I've been in trouble before and still to this day. I pleaded guilty for charges of driving under the influence, driving on a suspended license, giving false...

View more questions Search