Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reubenshead Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 11:28 PM
    Desperate to serve Employer and Family
    Is there anyone who knows a Trucking Contractor that will hire a honest and diligent driver with a 3 year old DUI. It is the only scratch on my record. No accidents, no speeding tickets before or after. All fines paid and classes attended. I was and am not a habitual drinker. I was pulled over due to suspended plates because of tickets accumulated from a vehicle owned my me but is for my spouses convenience. I have property damage on my MVR but should be cleared because I was hit by a driver running a red light. I was not in a commercial vehicle. The property damage was caused by the other driver and should not be on my record. I'm in the process of clearance of this. Please help me to help my Family'

**** all of the personal data deleted. I am sure the OP did not realise how public this is, to a lot of good people, but also to any scam artist that may want to use it for the wrong reasons.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2010, 04:31 PM

You'll just have to keep contacting the recruiters from trucking companies in hopes of finding employment as a professional driver. It doesn't really matter if the incidents took place in your personal car or your big truck as it's all on your CDL regardless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 04:37 PM

Your record is just that, you are just as responsible for person as you do working. If there are claims what happened to the insurance at the time ?

And the DUI will be the biggest issue, but the other tickets on record will show up and that is the first thing they see ( and normally will not read any further.

So look for small, perhaps regional carriers, even look at other areas such as concrete truck, local deliveries, perhaps tow trucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contacting Employer an employer ethically [ 2 Answers ]

I am applying for a job out of state that I found on a search engine. The ad provides an email for where to send all inquiries/resumes. However, after doing some research, I found the direct supervisor for the position and her direct email address at the company. Is it ethical/appropriate to...

What questions does past employer have to answer by new employer [ 1 Answers ]

If a new employer calls your old employer, what questions will they answer.My concern is that I have been unemployed now for 6 months,and am concerned that my prospects are frowning on the fact that I have been out of work so long. I may just be overreacting as this is the longest time I've been...

H1B transfer - whether current employer know about the new employer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts Currently I am on H1b visa with company A. I would like to transfer this to Company B. I heard that Company A will not know that it is transferring to Compnay B during the transfer. Is this correct? Also, after successful transfer to compnay B whether USCIS will send any...

Desperate family -need to know legal rights [ 23 Answers ]

When I was 16 I got pregnant. I slept with a friend (Josh) then two weeks later with the man who would be my future husband (Chris). I didn't think there was any way the baby could be Chris's so I told him about Josh and that the baby wasn't his. He took it well and decided to stay with me to see...

View more questions Search