Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rldenton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Wage Garnishment
    I won a small claims case in Florida. I understand I can have the persons wages garnished. I've yet to determine how to do this. How do you get the wages garnished?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2006, 04:42 PM
    You take a copy of the judgement and serve it on the person's employer. There may be a specific form you have to complete, the folks at small claims court can advise you there.
    brazin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 12:49 PM
    It's hard to garnish the wages of the head of household in Florida. Even if you have a judgement. You have to file back in court that you want to try to garnish his/her wages and the defendant has the opportunity to answer the court . If he or she is head of household it is almost impossible to garnish there wages. Google online and check out who can garnish wages in the state of Florida, maybe this will help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card wage garnishment [ 5 Answers ]

Can credit card companies garnish wages?

Wage garnishment [ 7 Answers ]

I have a question about wage garnishment. First off, I have read about Indiana wage garnishment, and do not quite understand. It says that creditors can garnish 25% of your disposable income. What I do not understand is what exactly is my disposable income. If the debt is only in my name, are...

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what to do about a wage garnishment that I am not even sure what it is for, the law office gave me no information, please help. My e-mail is [email protected]

Wage Garnishment [ 11 Answers ]

I recently moved from GA to SC for a job transfer. South Carolina does not have a wage garnishment law but Georgia does. My company's headquarters is in Atlanta and they have been served with a court order to garnish my wages for an unpaid credit card debt. The garnishment order was processed well...

I need advice! Wage garnishment? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I rented a car from AVIS, chose not to have to Loss Damage Waiver. Well it figures, while driving the convertible top flew open and bent the bars so it wouldn't close anymore. Right away I called AVIS and told them what happened, they said bring the car back. So, to make a long story...

View more questions Search