Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daphneenloe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I have a Felony Conviction
    :( Hi. I am 22 yrs old and convicted on a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I actually got convicted in 06/06 but charged in 05/05 and I have completely changed my life. I am going to an interview at an eye doctor and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. Please
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 28, 2008, 12:17 PM
    I don't know where you leave but in New York you can apply for something called a certificate of relieve. This will restore some of your rights has a citizen this like the first step. This shows your employeer that the state acknowledges that you are a stand up citizen. Note that there are certain positions that you just will not get no matter what because of the felony conviction.

When you get to the interview be honest and answer the questions. The HR person may just give you that chance.

Keep your head up... every sorry we are not hiring gets you closer to the job that will hire you.
    gmoney979 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 09:56 AM

U can apply for a pardon I'm a convicted felon you get all rights back gun and voting but honestly most jobs only do background checks from 7 to 10 yrs back it cost too much to do them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

Felony conviction [ 4 Answers ]

I was charged 3 years ago with a felony conviction for possession of a forged instrument, it was a d felony with 5 years probation. I have an issue going on now with the possibility of another felony. This has been going on for 8 months with no indictment or anything. I want to know if I am able to...

Felony Conviction [ 1 Answers ]

Can I Become A Paralegal In Paif I Have A Felony Conviction In Pa?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search