Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missygirl810 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 07:59 AM
    Food Stamps and SSI
    I live in Arkansas and 2 of my 3 daughters get SSI. I am applying for food stamps and been doing some research and I am confused. Will it go by gross income or net income since we have daughters that qualify as disabled. My husband works and the last 30 days income, which I have to take to my appointment the gross is $1624 and net is $924. I am trying to est. how much we could get so I can budget correctly. Thanks for any help!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 05:37 PM

They go by gross not net. They also factor in such things as rent/mortgage payments, utility bills, etc. You need to just go down and fill out the forms in person and then when you are called in for an interview bring whatever paperwork you have to along with you so you get the proper food stamp amount for your family. Your benefits are calculated according to your income and monthly bills. Car payments don't count and neither does insurance for the car. You may get less benefits than you think or you could get more. Hard to say until you go through their screening and calculating process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food stamps in Florida [ 33 Answers ]

I hope that this is the right venue for this question. I lost my job this past summer and in December I applied for, and was awarded, food stamps for myself. My partner, who I have lived with for going on seven years now, did not want to be included at that time in my application, because...

This is a disgrace. 6 Million in USA with no other income but Food Stamps. [ 12 Answers ]

This is worse than a disgrace. There are an estimated 6 million people in the USA who have no other income other than Food Stamps each month to live on. The Safety Net - Living on Nothing but Food Stamps - Series - NYTimes.com And one comedian in Congress said this about the situation: ...

Cash aid? Food stamps? [ 2 Answers ]

I couldn't find a better place to ask these questions, so I hope someone could answer them! Im going to be 18 in 2 months, I have a 7month old son, and could possibly have another on the way. I have a job, not a very good one but I have one. I still live with mom and dad. I have a fiancé, who is...

What's the website for food stamps application [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just turned 18 and on my own and barely any money for food all month so how doi apply online for food stamps please help me

View more questions Search