Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    swerdna's Avatar
    swerdna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 1, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Probation Transfer
    My girlfriend lives in North Carolina. She is on probation for fraud (forging a prescription) from Missouri. She also did it in Florida. The Florida case is closed or as she put it "shut." She wants to move to Illinois to be with me. I need to know how difficult it would be for her probation to be transferred to Illinois, what is involved, etc. Any direction I can be given in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Oct 1, 2008, 10:47 AM

    She will need to request a transfer though her probation officer. Normally they will want things like fines or any programs ( if required) to be completed first. There will be a formal procedure to request this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer Probation [ 26 Answers ]

Hi there. In 2005 I was arrested for cocaine possession. It was a very small amount. I was 19 and it was my first year of college. This happened in a small town in Georgia (I was just passing through) Since I was arrested I have completely turned my life around and am about to graduate college...

Transfer of probation [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to transfer my probation out of Florida , I am being told that the transfer requres me to go to a state where I heve a relative living there and for me to reside with tham.Is there not a state that will allow a person to transfer and reside in a trasitional housing environment initialy.

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

When you are trying to transfer your probation to another state how long does it take

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My brother got a 1 yr. probation sentence from a dui while living in orlando.he has lived there 2 yrs. He wanted to move back to Massachusetts but they say he has to stay in Florida until his probation is over. However w/no license to work he can't pay rent. His entire family is here in...

View more questions Search