Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    BellMikeJ's Avatar
    BellMikeJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 7, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Probation Transfer
    Im entirely frustrated.

    I am stuck in Texas, with no friends, family, and support. When I first moved down here, I caught a felony charge dealing with someone I thought was a friends.

    I then pursued to toughing it out for the next 2 1/2 years, with no satisfaction or results.

    Im fed up and I want to go home.

    How shall I go around this? :mad: :mad:
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Aug 8, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Hello Bell:

    This is what I have posted about this issue in the past:

    Ask your PO to supply you with the WRITTEN policy and procedures manual for his department. In it, you should find a paragraph about transferring probation. By asking about this document, he'll know that you want to transfer, so he's not going to be surprised when he receives your request. This whole thing is about avoiding surprises.

    Next; don't go yourself, but get a job and a place to live in the other state. Write the probation agency that will be doing your supervision. Introduce yourself. Tell them about your job, and your place to live. Tell them about your crime and how sorry you are. Tell them that you are about to request a transfer, and wanted to give them a heads up.

    Then, make your request in writing to your present PO. Having read the rules, you'll KNOW that you meet the criteria. Therefore, in your application, DON'T ASK!! TELL them that you meet the criteria for transfer according to rule such and such... cite the rule.

    A request formed in that manner will be awfully hard to turn down. If it IS turned down, you've got your ducks all lined up for an appeal.

    This procedure works equally well for both federal and state probation.

    GV70's Avatar
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

    Aug 8, 2007, 05:10 AM
    EXCON-all points are good!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of probation [ 16 Answers ]

How long will it take to transfer my probation from Michigan to dallas Texas I was put on probation for 12 months on a larceny in building charge that was knock down to a entry without permission charge. The department of correction or my "probation officer" requested that I do 90 days in jail if I...

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Can probation be moved from state to state?

Probation transfer [ 4 Answers ]

What's up whoever is reading this. Answer only if you know about probation tranfers.I have a friend who on probation in n.y. and in n.j. he really lives in n.j.. But n.y. thinks he lives at his aunts house in n.y.. See when he was arrested for the charge in n.y.. he had a case already pending in...

Probation transfer from AZ to CA [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My brother has unsupervised probation in Mohave County AZ and he would like to have it transferred to San Diego County. He will be moving out here and living with me. How do we go about making this happen? And how long does it usually take?

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We...

View more questions Search