Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    overeasier's Avatar
    overeasier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 20, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Labour law in canada
    I was an RN who worked full time for twenty years in ontario.I had to quit do to illness and went on disability.I see the laws now are for a disabled worker to be entitled to severance pay.I was wondering if I could go back and seek this now.Im not sue when it became law.I went of sick in 99 and was granted permanent disability in 2002.
    CaptainForest's Avatar
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

    Jan 20, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Check out the Ontario statutes to find the one that pertains to you and whether is applies or not.

    E-Laws | Welcome to release 3

    However, I believe it was McGuinty who changed it, and he didn't take power until late 2003.

    Therefore, I doubt you will qualify, but it is always possible the legislation could be retroactive, so check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canada [ 3 Answers ]

What's is another name for Canada's legislure?

Canada [ 1 Answers ]

What two bodies are the canada's legislature divided into

Labour issues in France [ 4 Answers ]

I just recently heard about something that's been going on in France about labour. I hear that France changed the minimum age at which a worker can be fired with no reason (or something). This sounds pretty interesting. But I've been having some trouble finding specific info online. Can anyone...

Going to Canada [ 5 Answers ]

Did that go into effect to need a passport to go to Canada this year? We want to go up this summer?

View more questions Search