Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    babe1's Avatar
    babe1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 22, 2010, 08:00 AM
    How to invoke a durable power of attorney in the state of Washington
    I need to know how to activate a durable power of attorney for an elderly person in the state of Washington
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Jun 22, 2010, 08:30 AM

    Hello b:

    I don't know what you mean. If you already HAVE it, all you do is present it to whomever you're doing business with. If you DON'T already have it, then you need to get it. If the elderly person is beyond understanding, you're too late.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Durable power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to have my domestic partner (legal) to make decisions for me Should I stroke out or something equally as devastating. I would like her To make medical as well as financial decisions even though I have a will And someone else as executor. Do I have to go to a lawyer for this? I...

Durable power of attorney [ 7 Answers ]

If someone clearly gives me Power of Attorney to do a specific act, like close their bank account, and then I close their bank account -even though this person may not like what I did but I decided that doing so would be in his best interest, would this person (the grantor of the POA) have a legal...

Quitclaim and durable power [ 1 Answers ]

We purchase a distress property 2 years ago in Oregon. We received a quitclaim deed and as a backup a durable power of attorney. After 2 years of repairs etc, we found a buyer. Title company issued a prelim with the usual pay off first etc. Nothing unusal. After signing by both parties and...

Durable Power of Attorney [ 2 Answers ]

I live in VA. My uncle and I both have Durable POA for my grandmother. It says that we can respresent her independently. He has been financially exploiting her and allowing his daughter to do the same. His daughter took grandmom to an attorney today and was told "both people need to let the other...

View more questions Search