Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvfun's Avatar
    cvfun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Jul 29, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Filling in an Answer to a Summons form
    I am in CA and received a Summons, being sued by a credit card comp. This is lagit. I downloaded an answer form, but have no instructions on what lines need to be answered or what to put as answers. Many items on this two page form are just a check mark. But if I just use common sense and put a wrong check in, will it be rejected and have to send in a corrected copy?
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,505, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member
     
    #2

    Jul 29, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cvfun
    I am in CA and received a Summons, being sued by a credit card comp. This is lagit. I downloaded an answer form, but have no instructions on what lines need to be answered or what to put as answers. Many items on this two page form are just a check mark. But if I just use common sense and put a wrong check in, will it be rejected and have to send in a corrected copy?

    What is your defense? That will determine how to fill in the form.
    cvfun's Avatar
    cvfun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #3

    Jul 29, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Judy Kay, I can't find anything on the site that says how to "reply" to your answer. Is this all I need to do to reply?
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,505, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member
     
    #4

    Jul 29, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cvfun
    Judy Kay, I can't find anything on the site that says how to "reply" to your answer. Is this all I need to do to reply? ?


    Yes, that's it -
    cvfun's Avatar
    cvfun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #5

    Jul 29, 2008, 05:17 PM
    First, I don't have a defense. I had a credit card that I can no longer pay. I am paying a debt settlement company to negotiate a settlement. The credit card company does not want to work with the settlement company and are suing me. I received a summons for which I need to file an answer. I printed out an answer form. My question, is there a site I can go to with a sample answer form, that would give me suggestions on what questions I need and do not need to answer. And if I answer incorrectly, will my answer form be rejected or just accepted as is?
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,505, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member
     
    #6

    Jul 30, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cvfun
    first, I don't have a defense. I had a credit card that I can no longer pay. I am paying a debt settlement company to negotiate a settlement. The credit card company does not want to work with the settlement company and are suing me. I received a summons for which I need to file an answer. I printed out an answer form. My question, is there a site I can go to with a sample answer form, that would give me suggestions on what questions I need and do not need to answer. And if I answer incorrectly, will my answer form be rejected or just accepted as is?

    There is lots of info on debt settlement companies, most of it not favorable.

    And, yes, if your answer is legally insufficient it will be disregarded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Filling in the 1040 NR tax form [ 1 Answers ]

I have just learnt that I need to fill in the 1040NR tax form as I am receiving income in the US asI am renting out my summer apartment. Can someone please advise where I can get detailed information on how to fill in the 1040tax form step by step? Thanks you in advance ! Claudia

Need info on filling W4 form, currently on H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am really confused about how to fill my W4 form so that I do not over pay taxes. My status for the year 2007 is as follows: Jan'07 - Oct '07 - OPT Oct '07 onwards - H1B Marital Status - Single Citizenship - Indian Presently Living in NY city but will be moving to Jersey city sometime...

How do I answer a summons from a CA? [ 4 Answers ]

Brand new to this forum. Ran out of advice on another forum and still looking for answers. I was served with a summons from a local lawyer last Thrus. I have until 7/19/07 to file my answer. I'm not sure if it was issued legally or not. I sent them a validation of debt letter well within...

Filling wrong form of taxes help! [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know what will happen if they gave a 1099 Misc, and instead I filled out a W2..? Answer me as soon as possible!! Please


View more questions Search