Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ghoney's Avatar
    ghoney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 6, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Birth Certificate
    I gave birth to my child but it wasn't my ex husband. We were separated for a while but we didn't get a divorce yet. In child birth certificate, there is no name on the father status because I was still married. Hospital left it blank because I was still married. Now that I'm divorce. I want the father's name to be on my son's birth certificate. Where do I go? Who should I contact? Do I need to go to court for this? Will he need a blood test?

    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 6, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Contact the Bureau of records where your son was born about amending the birth certificate. They will tell you whjat's necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father's name to birth certificate [ 10 Answers ]

What's the process for adding a name to a birth certificate years after the child is born?

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Adoptiin birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

If a stepfather adopts his step children they are issued with an adoption birth certificate with their new surname name on can they now use that one instead of their original birth certificate ?

Birth certificate help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there My name is jason guse. I currently have no identification and I have not had any for a number of years now . I have to use friends accounts for my money and I can't drive anymore because my license has exspired my problem is I live in new zealand but I was born in brisbane . Australia...

Replacement Australian birth certificate? [ 2 Answers ]

Please, please can someone help me? :confused: My 15 yr old daughter needs a copy of her birth certificate. She was born in Australia but has resided in the UK since she was 4 mnths old. She now desperately needs a copy of her Australian Birth certificate to open a bank account for her wages...

View more questions Search