Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jo_bfj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 01:00 PM
    How do I stop my downstairs neighbours cooking smells coming into my bathroom?
    My downstairs neighbour likes to cook but the smell comes up and through our bathroom floor and it stinks our whole house out. Our bathroom floor is tiled but there are gaps around the pipes which I'm not sure how to seal. Normal air fresheners don't work at all and I was wondering if there is any odour absorbing fabric/insulation we could put around the pipes to stop the smell?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 29, 2011, 10:12 AM
    If there's no kitchen exhaust fan the offer to install one. Go to the source of then smell and vent it outside. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My downstairs bathroom overflows and bubbles whenever a faucet on or flush bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

My downstairs bathroom overflows and bubbles whenever a faucet is turned on or another bathroom is flushed. What is the problem and what can I do? Help!

Why does my downstairs bathroom sink get water in it when I use my upstairs bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

The sink in my downstairs bathroom backs up with water whenever I flush my upstairs bathroom toilet or run the water in its sink. The back up water is dirty and has debri in it. I tried clearing the drain in the downstairs sink from any hair or what have you and I tried some sort of liquid...

Odor coming from under kitchen sink sometime from downstairs bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

We purchased a weekend house in the mountain in the summer. In Dec, we noticed an odor coming from the kitchen sink area and sometimes an oder from the lower level bathroom. I immediate used baking soda and different odds in ends to try to stop the odor but nothing worked. Then we thought it...

Smells from downstairs bathrooms [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there I have been reading lots of various postings on bathroom smells but still have not found a solution that works for us. We have 4 bathrooms in our apartment - 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. There is no problem or smell from the upstairs bathrooms. Downstairs we have been having problems...

Water coming into downstairs [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I don't know whether this is a plumbing question, or general home improvement. We just bought a raised ranch (built in 1962) in upstate New York. The downstairs has a garage two rooms and a bath. So basically, the basement is also living space. Well today we had a significant amount of...

View more questions Search