Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animeluver06 Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

May 25, 2007, 02:27 PM
    My dog acts kind of spoiled
    Well thats at least what it seems like.

My dog is about 12-14 years old (I am not sure because he had wandered into our house one day about 11 years ago so we dont know his exact age). When he was a puppy he was abused by his owners. But we have had him for a while and he is alot better. Our only problem is now, he seems to act spoiled.

Every night he attacks me (I am the only "child" of the house now) if I get too close to my mom. T_T;; He even knows when I try to talk to her. He does not like it when I get more attention from her than he does. He even tryed goin after my dad O_o He will lay right next to me/on my lap to make sure I stay put and away from mom. When we told the vets about this they said that it sounds like a spoiled child who wants mommy's attention.

I agree since he is fine before she comes home from work. My only question is now, is there anything I can do? :confused: It is getting very annoying to not be able to hang out with my mom. Also we are worried for when little ones visit us. :/
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
    I have saved and recycled material for years. This is what I would suggest for a younger dog:

The key to most behavior problems is approaching things using the dog's natural instincts. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position

At his age, it will be very slow going if at all possible to change him very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog hit by car, spoiled with human food [ 20 Answers ]

My six month old golden retriever was hit on the left hind leg by a car about 15 days ago. He wouldn't eat his food originally and I lost the stand off for people food when he began to lose weight. I switched his food from Purina puppy chow to Pedigree and he was happy for one day. Now he's back to...

Guy acts different after 2nd date [ 12 Answers ]

Well, I'm a girl... and I really really really like this guy. He asked me on 2 dates... and the 2nd, he cuddled and held hands for about 2 hours straight... but ever since then, he's been acting differently. He calls me, but only talks for about 5 minutes, and when I call him he always says he'll...

I have a 12 yr. Old spoiled cousin, but I want to visit family there too [ 2 Answers ]

Before I say anything more- I'm apologizing in advance for the longness of this: My cousin is 12 years old and she's a spoiled brat to the Nth degree. The best way I can describe how much is by starting at the beginning: When she was 2-3 yrs. Old, (I'm 8 yrs. Older than her) she was already...

Acts 7:59 [ 32 Answers ]

:) Hello Everyone, Acts 7:59 says: “They went on casting stones at Stephen as he made appeal and said: ‘Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.’” Those words have raised questions in the mind of some, since the Bible says that Jehovah is the “Hearer of Prayer.” Psalm 65:2 Did Stephen really pray to...

Acts.. [ 2 Answers ]

The ____ restricts the collection of data by federally funded schools. a.Tax Reform Act of 1979 b.Educational Privacy Act of 2003 c.USA PATRIOT Act of 2002 d.Computer Matching and Privacy Act of 1988 I can't find it on Google that's why I am here...

View more questions Search