Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mad_Hatter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 06:57 PM
    Stitches?
    A friend of mine sliced her thumb on a ceramic tile and I think she needs stitches. She does not. Its looks really deep and the skin is only attached on one side. What do you think?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 07:04 PM
    If you have a question about it, go to an urgent care or ER to have it checked out. We can't diagnose here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Type of Stitches [ 1 Answers ]

How do we know what kind of stitches my husband was given in a cut on the inside of his hand but was not told if they were disolvable or would have to be removed and if so, when. They appear to be a dark blue in colour. Lin

Do I need stitches? [ 1 Answers ]

I cut the padding on my thumb pretty good on a piece of glass. The bleeding stopped with pressure after a few minutes. The gash is about an inch long and I did not cut it to the bone. How do I know if I need stitches or not? I have washed it, covered it in triple antibiotic, and wrapped it.

I popped some of my stitches [ 1 Answers ]

I had a hemmerhiod removed on Wed and I popped some of my stitches open I am experienceing some bleeding and discomfort should I go the er or will I be OK to keep it clean ?

My own stitches [ 8 Answers ]

Yesterday I had cut myself so deep I nearly passed out from blood loss. I ended up passing out and when I woke up it was ozzing some clean fluid so started doing my own stitches to see if that would help. I'm a bit worried that its going to get infected :(

Running with stitches [ 4 Answers ]

When I start jogging on the treadmill I immediately start getting a stitch and I can't work it out. I've tried the "changing of the breathing pattern for the other foot" but it doesn't seem to work. Could somehting be causing it such as not breathing properly to begin with, not enough air? Stress?

View more questions Search