Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgj16 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 10:42 PM
    I have low self-esteeem. I think
    Hi, I'm 16 years old and this whole issue of mine has been bothering me for quite some time now.

I think I have self-esteem issues, let's start.. I'm very shy, I feel/have been told that I'm an awkward type of person, I have very little confidence in myself and all the time I find myself thinking about things WAY too much.

I really wish I didn't feel like this.. I have a girlfriend but even if I'm going out and not seeing her and if I'm just hanging with my friends I always try to look my best, (no I'm not gay) but the way I look is a big issue, if I put on a shirt in the morning, then during the day I realize wow why did I wear this, I feel like for the rest of the day, I always look at other people and I'm like wow they look cool by the way they dress or whatever, I wish I looked like that bla bla bla, people tell me I'm good looking and sometimes I think I am but sometimes I don't.

Sports are a big thing too, Lacrosse is HUGE in my town, and yes I play it, I played on my schools junior varsity team this past year, and I know I'm not the best player, I'm All right not good, and this always makes me feel like , cause I have a lot of friends on the team as well and a lot of them are good.

Basically I don't feel good about myself and I have very little confidence in every day activities (even video games!)

I hope I wrote enough. I just don't know what to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 10:45 PM

Well, I do have to say right off the bat that you are a good writer. You have good sentence structure, good grammar and spelling, and clear thinking. (I was a teacher.) That impressed me a lot!

Tell me what else you are good at.

Jul 25, 2009, 10:56 PM

I think about that question a lot. "What is something im good at?"

I've always thought I was good at video games.. but ever since I've started playing competitively I've realized I'm just above average, not the best though..

But recently I've realized something - I'm quite good at making friends, not the best thing to be good at but it does have it's benefits.

I don't really know what else I'm good at :\
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 11:02 PM

How are you good at making friends? Do you make people feel comfortable around you? Do old people like you? Are you polite and helpful?

Jul 25, 2009, 11:09 PM
    I'm polite I guess, I was brought up to be polite (Please, thank you) but when I meet new people, it's like.. I don't know but I can tell that they genuinely like me, some of them tell me that I'm funny but I don't see it lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 11:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sgj16 View Post
    I'm polite I guess, I was brought up to be polite (Please, thank you) but when I meet new people, it's like .. i dont know but I can tell that they genuinely like me, some of them tell me that I'm funny but I don't see it lol
    Okay, you're funny. Why else do they like you in their lives?

Jul 25, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Well one of my friends straight up told me I'm a fun person to be around and others have told me that I'm a nice kid. For some reason I think girls like me better (as a friend) for some reason.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sgj16 View Post
    Well one of my friends straight up told me im a fun person to be around and others have told me that I'm a nice kid. For some reason I think girls like me better (as a friend) for some reason.
    Friend is good. Friends become lovers. Friends make the best marital partners. Be a good friend, and you've got it made--with girls as well as guys.

Jul 26, 2009, 03:34 PM

I guess so.

By the way thank you for complimenting me on my writing skills

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search