Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angellover16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Kitten spoiled or lonely?
    I just got my kitten three days ago and everyone has been picking her up a lot. Already she wants to be held all the time. She hates to be alone. She will cry a lot if she is. Is my kitten spoiled because of all the attention or is she just lonley and wants the attention? Please reply. :confused: :
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Kittens LOVE attention, but as she grows older she will want a little freedom and will eventually stop crying. My kitten was the same, then she grew up. She is around 10 years old now and loves attention. :)

Cats are like humans really..
    When their small you can't get rid of them, when their middle age they go away on their own and when their old they want a lot of attention :P

Don't worry about it, spoil your baby (with LOVE NOT food! Lol Food does not equal love :p) and, as I said, she will eventually stop wanting so much attention. As far as she is concerned, you're her mum and she wants to know her mum loves her - a lot. ;)
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Sep 23, 2007, 05:48 PM
    I think you do have to think of your kitten as a baby, she will need lots of cuddles and playtime! If you want her to be affectionate when she gets older, now is the time to get her used to you picking her up etc!

Bet she's a cutie!
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Sep 23, 2007, 06:13 PM
    The kitten was use to being cuddled and groomed by it's mother,and now you have taken the place of the mother cat.The kitten probably expects to have a warm place to snuggle,anda persons warm hands fits the bill.She will adjust with time,just give her lots of hugs.
    olenatichenor Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellover16
    I just got my kitten three days ago and everyone has been picking her up a lot. Already she wants to be held all the time. She hates to be alone. She will cry a lot if she is. Is my kitten spoiled because of all the attention or is she just lonley and wants the attention? Please reply. :confused: :
    Seeking attention. The more you give in, the worse the cat will become. Ignore the cries for about a week and see what happens. Trained my kitten within 2 weeks.
    dreamer266 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 06:33 AM
    HI!

I too just got a new kitten who is 14 weeks 1 week ago and she wants to be on my lap snuggling at all times. If I get up she follows. Just like a human baby. How can I train her now? I like to at least read a book without her needing attention so I pick her up and sit her on the arm of the couch and say sit so she is still right by my head and she usually gets it and can lay there for awhile. Sometimes I have to sit her up there a few times before she stops trying to jump back on me. (I really do mean pounce on me)

I also have been trying to train her not to sleep with me at night. Amazing, that you can train them but it takes some persistene initially. I just have to say the word Squirt gun and she takes off and lets me sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog hit by car, spoiled with human food [ 20 Answers ]

My six month old golden retriever was hit on the left hind leg by a car about 15 days ago. He wouldn't eat his food originally and I lost the stand off for people food when he began to lose weight. I switched his food from Purina puppy chow to Pedigree and he was happy for one day. Now he's back to...

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

My dog acts kind of spoiled [ 1 Answers ]

Well thats at least what it seems like. My dog is about 12-14 years old (I am not sure because he had wandered into our house one day about 11 years ago so we dont know his exact age). When he was a puppy he was abused by his owners. But we have had him for a while and he is alot better. Our...

I have a 12 yr. Old spoiled cousin, but I want to visit family there too [ 2 Answers ]

Before I say anything more- I'm apologizing in advance for the longness of this: My cousin is 12 years old and she's a spoiled brat to the Nth degree. The best way I can describe how much is by starting at the beginning: When she was 2-3 yrs. Old, (I'm 8 yrs. Older than her) she was already...

New Kitten [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a kitten supposedly 7 weeks old. It doesn't eat much at all and is very skinny. To the point you can feel boes easily. Probably the runt. Should I be concerned and what can I do to get my kitty eating more to fatten up a bit.

View more questions Search