Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smanoc Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 03:39 PM
    What is that oder?
    What does mold smell like?

What Im currently smelling is intensified at nights. I live near the ocean there is a lot of moisture.

The oder is thick, hard to breath, sometimes makes my lungs feel numb or tingly, musky, dense, sometimes smells like formaldehyde.
    Its easier to breath when the window is fully opened but it gets like 40 outside its too cold to sleep.
    My neighbors chain smoke nonstop for 24 sometimes 48 hour periods. Ive hinted to suing them because they are violating my right to be in my home safely. So they smoke in the bathroom and once they are finished the tobacco/nicotine residue is detectable by scent.
    My room dos not smell exactly that way but similar in that the air is very difficult to breath. Sometimes when I go to lay down I don't know whether its what I'm breathing in or my anger but my heart rate rises and I become very shaky and wired. Takes me a couple hours of laying down before I sleep.

What am I breathing in? Can it be tested? Who can do that without it being a financial burden?
    Smanoc Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 04:14 PM

Just to narrow down the options the smell increased when I had my pet reptiles 75Watt heat lamp on. The heat made it denser and harder to breath. Really chokes you up.

I do fully know it is not supernatural lol, or electrically caused.

Im swinging more towards mold from what I've read on this forum. My wall backs the bathroom. What do you people think. Heating my room makes it worse. Its not a smelly thing like fish or flesh. Its really dense hard to breath chokes you up air that smells musky.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smanoc View Post
    Just to narrow down the options the smell increased when I had my pet reptiles 75Watt heat lamp on. The heat made it denser and harder to breath. Really chokes you up.

I do fully know it is not supernatural lol, or electrically caused.

Im swinging more towards mold from what ive read on this forum. My wall backs the bathroom. What do you ppl think. Heating my room makes it worse. Its not a smelly thing like fish or flesh. Its really dense hard to breath chokes you up air that smells musky.
    What is people? And what does flesh smell like? I've never really had a problem with smelling flesh, because I guess I can't smell flesh.

I think you need to check around and check with your Landlord. The neighbors should have absolutely nothing to do with it unless your walls are so thin that things can get through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher oder [ 5 Answers ]

Why do I have a foul smell in my d/w. If I don't use it for a couple of days it smells like old fish tank water. Could there be a problem with the way the discharge was hooked up?

Washer oder [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the musty oder coming from my washing machine? It smells like mold and leaves the smell on my clothes, please help!!

Dishwasher oder [ 2 Answers ]

My dishwasher has an odor how do I get rid of it?

My bulldog has an oder [ 3 Answers ]

My bulldog has an oder and I try to bath her once a week. But after two days she smells again. What can I do? My bulldog is on a veggie and chicken dry dog food. She has very dry skin. :confused:

View more questions Search