Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daothanhtoan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 07:17 AM
    I can't play halo1 with my video card
    My video card is S3 PROSAVAGE DDR 32Mb but I can't play Halo1

PROBLEM: your computer's video driver is known to have serious issues with the game
    A newer version that is compatible may be available.. .
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

May 14, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Update your video card driver lol? It really told you what to do already. If you already have the newest driver perhaps try an older version possibly.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 14, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Your card is no where near good enough to run this game.
    Time to upgarde.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

May 14, 2007, 07:22 AM
    I admit I did scan through the question to fast and didn't see his video card was so old but mmmmm I'm not so sure about that Curly. It probably is but I just looked at the requirements and 32 MB 3D hardware-transform-and-lighting capable video card. Yeah, but I would really consider an upgrade on your video card daothanhtoan.
    Chris Briffa Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

May 14, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daothanhtoan
    my video card is S3 PROSAVAGE DDR 32Mb but i can't play Halo1

PROBLEM: your computer's video driver is known to have serious issues with the game
    a newer version that is compatible may be available. ...
    Buy another game not from the same shop and tell the shop keeper to replace it or give you back your money in case that doesn't work report the shop keeper to the police.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Briffa
    Buy another game not from the same shop and tell the shop keeper to replace it or give you back your money in case that doesn't work report the shop keeper to the police.
    What?? What does the shop keeper have to do with this? S3 hasn't made any new video cards for about 3 years now.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 14, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Well the S3 is an ONBOARD chipset and halo is looking for a dedicated card, so an upgrade is the only route if you really want to play this game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to play card game [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody will give me a link or tell me how to play card games , I am a newbie Cheers

Windows media player won't play video, only audio [ 6 Answers ]

My windows media player will only play audio and not video. Any ideas why?

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

XP or Video Card? [ 7 Answers ]

My tech support friend and I have been trying to resolve a problem on my system, running XP SP2 and an ATI Radeon 9600, that appeared in the last 24 hours. The symptoms are as follows: 1. Certain mouse pointers have a vertical line about 10 pixels to the left of the center of the pointer. The...

Video will not play correctly on new hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just installed an internal 250gb additional hard drive to my Dell dimension 4600. I see the hard drive on windows explorer and all seems OK - except video (avi.) plays back in slow motion. I have updated all my drivers including BIOS but to no avail. I notice that the new hard drive is not...

View more questions Search