Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razor8674 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 03:04 AM
    Imation 4gb usb pocket flash drive
    So I just bought an imation 4GB USB 2.0 Pocket flash drive when I try to use it says I only have 0.98MB Left when I don't have anything on this USB 4GB flash drive
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 8, 2011, 03:47 AM

Are you trying it in other machines with the same result? Have you tried formating it yet? It sounds like it was set up for "Ready Boost".

May 8, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Tried it in mine and my dads what is ready boost
    Internet Research Expert

May 8, 2011, 08:47 AM

Ready Boost is to aid in speeding up windows by having it use the flashdrive instead of the hard drive.

May 8, 2011, 08:14 PM
    I Don't think I have ready boost on because there no option to turn it of when I go to format the usb drive it says my capacity is on 1mb and won't let me change it
    Internet Research Expert

May 9, 2011, 04:04 AM

If you can't get it to go beyond 1 gig. And you just bought it then take it back. They are so cheap now its not worth wasting time over it.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2011, 07:31 AM
    When you open it, go to "Tools, Folder Options, View" Then check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

View the files on the flash drive, there is probably something on there taking up the space. If not, then you could try reformatting it. To reformat, first go back and restore the settings you changed earlier.

Then, view the drive in you're my Computer area, right click on it, and choose format. MAKE SURE IT IS THE CORRECT DRIVE. Just do a quick format.
    Internet Research Expert

May 9, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post
    When you open it, go to "Tools, Folder Options, View" Then check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

View the files on the flash drive, there is probably something on there taking up the space. If not, then you could try reformatting it. To reformat, first go back and restore the settings you changed earlier.

Then, view the drive in your My Computer area, right click on it, and choose format. MAKE SURE IT IS THE CORRECT DRIVE. Just do a quick format.
    When OP is trying to reformat drive its showing up as 1 gig. Im thinking they meant 1 gig not 1 mb.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I Dont think I have ready boost on becuase there no option to turn it of when i go to format the usb drive it says my capacity is on 1mb and wont let me change it
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2011, 11:39 AM
    Haha, thanks. I actually read it all, but must have completely read over that. Haha.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Imation flash drive problems? [ 1 Answers ]

I plug my Imation 8gb flashdrive into my PC and nothing happens. Have tried other PC's with same result. There appears to be no life in it. Any suggestions welcome.

Imation Flash drive problem [ 2 Answers ]

I too, just bought an Imation 2 GB Nano Flash Drive, and it won't let me put files into it, past half a GB. It stores OK until around half a GB, then I get the same error message about file does not exist or can't be created. Funny thing is that this is the SECOND unit from the shop, as the first...

Imation Flash Drive [ 2 Answers ]

My Imation Flash Drive 2.0 (2 GB) is not respondin any PC, Why? Help me. Muneer

Relating to imation flash drive [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir, I have problem with my imation flash drive. Whenever I insert my flash drive in any computer the computer shows that the disk is working properly and the usb port are also working properly. But when I try to access the documents in the flash drive by clicking open or explore, the message...

PC no longer recognises Imation USB 2.0 Flash Drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ALL My Imation USB 2.0 Flash Drive used to work on my PC but now it does not. It works on other PC's and my laptop but not on my home PC. When I plug it in the message "USB device Not Recognised" appears with the message One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned...

View more questions Search