Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mauch5 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Speakers don't work on my compy after wiped.
    A few weeks ago I wiped my computer and now I can not seem to get my computer to recognize my speakers. They will not play sound when plugged into my computer, but they DO work when I plug my mp3 into them. If you need to know, I have windows xp.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2009, 11:35 AM

Double click on the little speaker next to the clock
    -in the Master Volume control, make sure that you have the 'Wave' volume up and not muted

Sep 7, 2009, 01:38 PM

Sorry that icon was not there, so I went into control panel, picked the speaker icon, played around in there for a little while, and it will not let me change the volume or anything because it does not recognize my device.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 03:10 PM

Go to control panel and click on Sound and Audio Devices icon

-put check mark in Place volulme Icon in taskbar and make sure that Muted is not checked there also

If speaker comes back next to clock, go back to first post above about Wave device's volume

If that does not help, please provide as much info as possible as to the steps above and also check device mgr
    - right click on My Computer on desktop and click properties
    -go to hardware tab and click Device Mgr
    -Look down list there, is there any Yellow marks next to anything? If so, please list them.

What model computer are you using?

Sep 7, 2009, 03:37 PM

I tried the control panel thing and it will not let me mark any of the boxes. I did go to device manager and there is a yellow question mark with a plus button in front of it. I clicked the plus button and here is what is under it. Multimedia Audio Controller. Also there is Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Sep 7, 2009, 03:54 PM

I played with a little bit and pressed the button to install the drivers but it could not find them.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 7, 2009, 05:21 PM

You probably wiped some of the drivers. If you go to your computer manufacturer's website you might be able to find out which sound drivers you had and redownload them from the internet. You might even be able to download any sound driver.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 09:58 AM

Multimedia Audio Controller
    -is there any more info listed there other than just audio controller?

What model computer?

Sep 8, 2009, 03:35 PM

Nope. Its an emachines w2925

Sep 8, 2009, 03:41 PM

I did what "XOXOlove" said and I'm downloading the drivers now!
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 8, 2009, 05:42 PM

I hope it works!
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 06:35 PM

In device mgr, right click on Multimedia Audio Controller and choose Uninstall option and say OK
    -close device mgr
    -download and run program below and follow whatever instructions come up

This is for your model computer - emachines w2925

Description Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver
    File Type Original Driver
    Version 5.10.0.5320
    Operating System Windows XP
    http://downloads.emachines.com/drive..._10_0_5320.exe

Here is the link where you can download other drivers for that model, just input your system info where applicable
    eMachines Support: Product Support and Downloads

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My speakers don't work and monitor also keeps saying no signal [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know what's up, last week the monitor started saying "no signal" even though the cable is connected to the computer. Computer is running win XP, 512 MB RAM. Another issue, my speakers don't work anymore What's happening, did I mysteriously lose some files? Also on the issue about...

Speakers won't Work! [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a Compac laptop since December of 07. Recently my sound hasn't been working properly to the point where if I play a song and I'm across the room I can't hear it. I also tried to plug in speakers and that wouldn't work either. Both my brother and I have looked through EVERY setting...

Speakers won't work [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I installed windows xp home edition and ever since my speakers won't work but they are not broke. When I go into sounds and audio devices it says no audio device installed, help:(

Speakers won't work! [ 9 Answers ]

I have just recently fixed my computer from a bug called isass.exe system error. In order to fix my computer I had to insert a recovery disc deleting everything from my computer. There was a weird thing on it I deleted the bug but I still had all my programs when I came to watch something on my...

View more questions Search