Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    data-err0r Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Rage II 3d graphic card and prism3d windows2000
    Hi, I need help really badly. I have a windows 2000 computer with a 3d rage II +PCI graphics card. Every time I try to play games such as hunting unlimited, I get a error saying there's a problem with prism3d.exe

I've tried to find a update for my graphics card but I only found one and it didn't work with 2000
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 08:58 PM
    You would have to update your video card driver or purchase a newer video card to replace one you have now

Doyou have version # and date of driver you are using now

Jul 19, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    you would have to update your video card driver or purchase a newer video card to replace one you have now

doyou have version # and date of driver you are using now
    Where do I get either? Also how do I update it? Everything is only for 98. How much are video cards..
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Start, settings, control panel, system cion, hardware tab and the click device mgr

Now click on plus sign next to display adapters and click properties

Now click on driver tab and post the driver version and the date of the driver and will chceck if something newer is around to update with

Jul 20, 2008, 05:25 PM
    start, settings, control panel, system cion, hardware tab and the click device mgr

now click on plus sign next to display adapters and click properties

now click on driver tab and post the driver version and the date of the driver and will chceck if something newer is around to update with
    Date: 18/11/1999

Version: 5.0.2184.1
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Here is a link with 4 different sets of drivers that are newer than the ones you have now

Drivers for Discontinued ATI FireGL™ Products for Windows 2000

Go down and make sure you choose which one that you have in your computer
    Rage LT PRO, Rage XL, Rage PRO or Rage 128/Rage 128 PRO

Click on one that matches what you have and download

With this particular error you are getting though, I don't know if this will help your situation as your video card may just not support for what you are trying to run, but, these are updated drivesrs for your machine and can't hurt even if it does not help getting the program running properly

Jul 20, 2008, 05:38 PM
    here is a link with 4 different sets of drivers that are newer than the ones you have now

Drivers for Discontinued ATI FireGL™ Products for Windows 2000

go down and make sure you choose which one that you have in your computer
    Rage LT PRO, Rage XL, Rage PRO or Rage 128/Rage 128 PRO

click on one that matches what you have and download

With this particular error you are getting though, I don't know if this will help your situation as your video card may just not support for what you are trying to run, but, these are updated drivesrs for your machine and can't hurt even if it does not help getting the program running properly

Well the problem is, I've tried those. They don't work because I have a rage II. It was made for 98 and my computer is a 2000. I don't know what to do, I've found the updates but they say only for 98.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:28 PM
    If you can't find one on this page, there would be no support avail for your video card any longer, it would be considered out of date - would consider a newer graphic card, at least one this year and would have to make sure any card purchased would be compatible with windows 2000 and then it would be a type of trial and error to see if you can get past the prism3d error
    jensallen Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by data-err0r
    Hi, I need help really badly. I have a windows 2000 computer with a 3d rage II +PCI graphics card. Every time I try to play games such as hunting unlimited, I get a error saying there's a problem with prism3d.exe

I've tried to find a update for my graphics card but I only found one and it didnt work with 2000
    Check the properties of your video card. You should see how many mbs it is and if it is around 32mb or less, then it probably will not run the games on there lowest resolution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphic Card [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there :) I'm just trying to find an update for nvidia geforce mx/mx 400, but don't know how. Can anybody find for me new update. Thanks :-=):)

Best Graphic Card in the world ATI or NVIDIA [ 2 Answers ]

I am in dilemma to know which is the best graphic card between ATI and G- FORCE and about to buy a new graphic and I can invest so much money for graphic purpose.Kindly please tell me which is best card for gaming applications and rendering purpose and even tell me which is the best for video...

Rage problems... [ 7 Answers ]

I have been finding myself getting into fights lately. I went to jail about a week ago for getting into a fight, but it was justified (if you read in the relationship threads). But I got into ANOTHER fight tonight for pretty much NO REASON. I don't know what is going on with me lately. I have...

Processor and Graphic Card Comparison [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently looking at 3 different laptops. However, I've been unable to find a good site with information comparing the 3 processors, or graphic cards I'm looking at. Processor -Pentium 4 w/ HT Tech 3.8 GhZ 800Mhz FSB 1MB Cache vs Pentium M 2.13Ghz 533Mhz FSB 2MB...

Ati xpert 98 rage [ 4 Answers ]

I have just bought an 'ati xpert 98 rage pro 8mb agp graphics card` and I can find no slots to fit it into. It is similar to my other cards, e.g. Modem and dvd decoder card but the connectors to the expansion slots are too far back to connect. Is there a way of fitting this card or have I bought...

View more questions Search