What is knichi

Asked Jun 11, 2003, 10:05 PM 2 Answers
    What is knichi? I know it's a Japanese eel dish, but does anyone know a recipe? Please respond soon.

Thank you!

Last edited by Curlyben; Jun 21, 2009 at 02:40 AM.
    Search this Question
    FrostedOne's Avatar
    FrostedOne Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2003, 09:30 AM
    what is knichi
    Are you sure that you have the receipe name, correct? I have not been able to find anything relating to KNICHI. I found a chef named Chen Kenichi. Prehaps you are looking for one of hiss receipes... he has several eel receipes listed on Google... you can find him on several search engines.

Unagi is eel in japanese. Kabayaki is grilled eel... could that be what you are looking for?
    theatreboy's Avatar
    theatreboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2003, 02:10 PM
    what is knichi
    I think you got the term "knichi" from Neil Simon's classic play (and movie) Barefoot In The Park. In the play, one of the characters, Victor Velasco, brings a pan full of what he calls knicki to dinner. He explains that is made from eel, onion biscuits, salt, and other spices. In reality, there is no such dish. Neil Simon created it just for the play and it is totally fictitious in nature.