Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzzicopeland Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 09:21 PM
    I'm afraid I've become sterile
    A few years ago, I was severely abused by my ex-boyfriend, and he punched me several times in the abdomen and chest, he killed our unborn baby, who was 5 months gestation, and put me in the hospital for 2 months. Now I'm with my husband, and we've been trying to get pregnant for over 1 year, I've gone on birth control to help regulate my cycle, but nothing has regulated it since my tragic event. My gynecologist cannot find anything to show that I'm sterile, but we've done everything we can to conceive, and nothing has worked... does anyone have any advice for me(I am only 21 years old).
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 10:43 PM
    You said that you are currently taking birth control. Taking birth control will prevent you from becoming pregnant. As far as becoming pregnant it takes a good year or longer for most couples to conceive. It sounds like you still have a lot of hurt, emotional from that event and this could be possibly effecting you becoming pregnant. Counseling is very important to be able to work on those feelings. As well as it would not hurt your husband to get tested as well. For being able to have children. Emotional stress and experiences with losing a baby and abuse to get over does have a lot of issues that you need to truly work through and then when the right time has come you could very well become pregnant. As well being on birth control. It could take more then a year to become pregnant after stopping birth control, if this is not the case correct me or if you want to stop the medication do it under the advice and supervision of your medical doctor.

Joe
    JuanitaJ Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Jesushelper76 is right using birth control will delay the pregnancy because you still have the medicine in you, have you tried putting your legs up on the wall after have sex to let the sperm travel it took me about 1 year to get pregnant. Don't get up after 30 minutes. I tried and finally worked my mid wife told me to do that. Good luck I use to get depress when I was trying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Afraid I can't get pregnant [ 56 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant only 3 months and no luck yet. But for some reason I'm starting to get scared that I can't get pregnant. Is that crazy? How long did it take you to get pregnant with your first child?

I'm 17 and I'm afraid I might be pregnant... [ 13 Answers ]

I was expecting my period sometime during the last week. And I started bleeding Friday night. But it pretty much stopped becaues I didn't have it Saturday and not yet today. And Im really worried. Any input would be appreciated.

Afraid I am infertile! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 19 and I have been with my fiancé for 3yrs and been having unprotected sex for around a year and a half since having a contraceptive rod removed from my arm, But I have never fallen pregnant. This is seriously starting to worry me as at this age I should be at my most fertile. So why isn't I...

Afraid I missed o time [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I don't keep up with my temp like I should but I haven't had any cervical fluid until yesterday June 6th and it was wet. Today I don't have much but kind of creamy if anything and that may be wishful thinking. My husband gets home today from being out of town and I pray I haven't missed my...

Puppy is afraid to go down stairs [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy who is having no problem going up the stairs, but refuses to even attempt to descend them. I tried encouraging him with praise and food. :D Granted he is only 8 weeks old and the stairs are a little steep and are uncarpeted. Do you think I need to carpet the stairs to make...

View more questions Search