Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tink0279 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 05:36 PM
    Confusing situation
    Hi I was married 10 yr and my ex and I still live in the same house but we are no longer together my ex has this friend that used to come over and there was a time I was palnning a party for my ex cause he was out of town and his family and I wanted to do a welcome back party and I called his friend to invite him but I got the answering machine I left a message and said I need to talk to you call me back then he called and my ex was back by then and he answered and asked for me then I answered and he's like can you talk I said no cause my ex was there and if I talked in front of him the party would be ruined so then I called him the next day and I tell him I need to talk to him in person cause my ex was standing there in front of me so he said why then finally my ex stepped away and I told him about the party and he was like oh who's this so I tell him and he was like oh I thought it was someone else which has my same name and I was like oh OK can you come and he was like oh I don't think so cause I have to go to school but he seemed upset that was kind of wired did I do something wrong what happened there that I missed can someone please give me their insight.
    Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Whoa, can you please re-word that? It was rather confusing with the he said and he asked, etc. It is just hard trying to keep everyone straight.

I am not sure even what happened?

Who had to go to school? Who got upset?

I'd love to help, but I haven't a clue what I just read. Maybe I'm tired or something.

Dec 28, 2006, 05:44 PM
    My ex friend said he had to go to school and he seemed upset when I asked him if he can assist the party we were throwing him.

Dec 28, 2006, 06:00 PM
    I was throwing my ex a welcome party and I was trying to invite my ex friend to the party I tried calling my ex friend but I got his machine I left him a message and he called back my ex answered the phone and my ex friend asked for me then I answered my ex friend asked if I can talk I said no so I called him later then at the time I was trying to talk to him to tell him about the party my ex was around so I told him can I just talk to you in person then he said why I told him finally it was to tell him about the party but then he turns things around with oh who is this I tell him who it is then he said oh I thought it was someone else and this other person that he thought it was had my same name so then my ex friend tells me oh no I can't go cause I have to go to school but I will try but he seemed to have an attitude to me it was confusing cause it's odd that my ex friend thought it was some other girl that has my same name and same number so it seems so what you think.
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Tink to tell you the truth, it is really hard to know what to think. You wrote a whole paragraph with one run on sentence. I am really trying to differentiate between what ex said what, and what ex said the other.

Let me see if I get this, bear with me:

You were married, you and your husband divorced, but still live in the same house. Your ex-husband went out of town and you wanted to throw a party for him upon his return.

So, now your ex-husband has this friend who used to come around but doesn't any longer. You tried to invite this friend by phone but had to leave a message on his answering machine. When this friend phoned you back, your ex-husband was in the room and you could not talk.

This is where the confusion sets in. You have an ex-husband, a friend of your ex-husband, and an ex-friend?

It would be easier to understand if you were able to clarify more with punctuation. Without punctuation it gets really confusing here.

Your friend(?) ex firend(?) has another friend with the same name as you and he did not know it was you that left the message?

So, who got upset?

Dec 28, 2006, 06:24 PM
    It's just my ex and his friend.and my ex husbands friend claims that he thought he was speaking to a friend of his that has the same name as mine. And my ex husband friend seemed upset when I told him about the party cause of the way he responded.
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 06:27 PM
    Okay, I think I understand now.

I said I think.

Have you asked him if he was upset? Or are you just assuming?

You can't do anything about things that "seem" they way they are, you can only fix a situation that is. You should ask him if he is upset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confusing BBT [ 4 Answers ]

Can your BBT drop below coverline and you still be pregnant? I did not think it ever could. I ovulated on 7/24 and tried for a baby then. My BBT rose after that and had been close to 98 for the last few days. Then yesterday my BBT dropped to 97.45. This is usually means my period will start...

Confusing Story [ 5 Answers ]

I had a baby 18 months ago, the father was never in the picture, nor was he listed on the birth certificate. I am now engaged to be married, and my fiancé wants to adopt my son. How would I go about this, and is it just as easy as listing him as the father on the birth certificate? Can you help...

Why is Love so confusing? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: A couple of weeks ago I split up with my partner, Stuart of nearly two years. We lived together, but our relationship was always up and down. We both broke all the boundaries, there was love there but the way we treated each other showed that we didn't truly respect each other. ...

Confusing messages [ 6 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for the last year. We got along very well, had a very compatible lifestyle with lots of mutual affection. I was very happy. He has been under a lot of stress lately with being laid off from his high-tech job and unable to find anything, and I was doing my...

Very confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Joe, If you're asking about this site, it's active. What's the problem? :o

View more questions Search