Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kelsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 03:30 PM
    I am Mad!
    I have a problem w/ my mom she shows favortism towards her grandchildren! If I ask her she acts as if I am in the wrong. She also does little things to put one of my kids down.And she is always trying to find excuses to get mad at me. I am sick of her mean ways. Please Help I need some advice. Kelsey
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Don't take your kids over to her home, or have her come over, unless she can be fair.

My son has seen his grandmother three times in 6 years. She is completely unfair, in time, in gifts and in attention. So we don't go to her home.

Let her decide what she wants
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Tell her enough is enough. Explain to her how you feel and what she is doing wrong and if she does not want to change then you really can not be around her, or your grand children around you.

Joe
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 12, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Be warned, all these answers are what I would do too, but there are risk.

Many states have grandparents laws, that if things get nasty, they can seek visitation just like a non-custodial parent might.
    This is not a practice that I think highly of, seems many grandparents, going through their mid life crisis want to dominate their grandchildrens life, when the parents buck at that, the grandparents go to court.

From this I speak from RAW EXPERIENCE. (not talking out of my butt)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 05:02 PM
    First, check your state.

Second, if she is that bad, document it and I can't believe a court would grant her visitation rights.

I do not live in a place of grandparents rights, so I am not familiar with it.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Nor do I.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Barking mad [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have a 2 year old long hair dachshund he is my best friend and we both have been through a lot together especially this year , but he has a barking problem. When I go to work he barks all day and I only know this because my neighbours have complained about him . When he is with me he is...

Argghh help before I go MAD! [ 4 Answers ]

Right I used to watch this film all time... my mum taped it off the TV prob in the 80's/90's. It starts as a little boy having to go home or something and then turns into an animation. I think its of a girl and a boy 'ragdoll' travelling somewhere. I remember a sweetie monster the most that tries...

Was she mad at us? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Shih tzu that I have had since she was 14 months old. We are her third home and final! I regularly have her groomed and have had her shaved a couple of times this summer and she does fine. This time she came home and peed on the bed! She has never done this before and I am...

I'm driving myself mad... [ 17 Answers ]

On the whole my relationship with my boyfriend is good. We are fairly honest with each other. Last wkend we went clubbing together, with about another 5 people. We had a good evening and got very drunk. There's this 1 girl who has known me and boyfriend forever, very sweet girl just abit...

Just mad at Dell [ 3 Answers ]

Not really anything anyone can do, but I am just so mad. Dell was suppose to have someone to my office yesterday, well they called, couldnot make it to last night, they would come to my house. Then they called, could not make it, they would be at my office this morning. Now they called...

View more questions Search