Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SOCRONAUT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Wondering if it's just me?
    I have moved around quite a bit in the past and have had many friends all over. It seems to me that I have never left too much of an impression on any of my old friends life. I have always been the sort of friend that would do anything for anyone. I have never had anything in return from any of them. I don't think that I'm annoying or anything. I have always seemed to fit in with all of them. If I was in their neck of the woods, I would either call or stop by to see what was up. If they happen to be in my neck of the woods, I don't get anything. The problem I am having now is, I have had this one friend that we used to talk about everything, he has spilled his guts and I have spilled mine and it brought us closer as friends. This seems to be my last any only friend/not acquantence. He is now staring new ventures and making new friends and I am kind of being left in the dust. I do have a wife and children and look at them as my all time favorites. Sometimes, I think about them and all the problems go away. But sometimes I feel that I need to talk to others and not just them all the time. Just wondering if it was just me? Am I a boring person to them? Annoying? Personalities clash? I could use some insight here.
    Thanks
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 12, 2006, 11:10 AM
    I feel your pain Socronaut:

Your paragraph pretty much sums up the last 10 years of my life.
    Ive had the close friend go his separate way
    I also seem to fit in, I visit other people, but nobody ever comes by my house. You know, stuff like that...

I know exactly what you mean. And I SWEAR I have asked my wife the same question many-a-time: "Just wondering if it was just me? Am I a boring person to them? Annoying?"

Heck, my own parents live and work only a few miles away, in the 4 years I have lived here, they have been by about 4 times. And they only stay for a few minutes, most of the time, they don't even get out of the car. (its just to drop something off)

Personally, I feel I just am to poor to have friends. I can never afford to do anything, I can flatten a penny withouth putting it on a rail road track. And I can only entertain my visitors with conversation, I have nothing more to offer, no playstation, no Xbox, no four wheelers, or dirt bikes, just some chairs on the porch. And it today's fast paced world, sometimes that's just not enough.

Boy its nice to hear someone else out there has this problem. I have agonized over this myself for so long.
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Nov 15, 2006, 08:13 PM
    There is nothing wrong with either of you, and being poor doesn't make you a boring friend. People tend to be insular when they are settled in and have their own lives to deal with. That is why your friends and family don't come around- we all get caught up and forget how long it has been since we saw our friends/family last. I only see mine at work and when we babysit each others' kids (a rarity). I am so bad because I can go 2-3 months without using a single minute on my wireless plan, and I don't even bother with caller ID on my home phone.

And another thing- you will likely never know if you made a great impact on someone's life. People don't tell you that stuff, usually. This morning you could have smiled at a lady on the bus and that simple expression could have convinced her not to go home and take 50 pain pills with her vodka tonic. You never know...

Call a friend and invite them over for dinner or something- maybe you can rekindle a friendship!
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Nov 15, 2006, 08:41 PM
    There is nothing wrong with you. Just keep making new friends. There will be new friends who will reach out to you time and time again.

Nov 15, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pumibel
    There is nothing wrong with either of you, and being poor doesn't make you a boring friend. People tend to be insular when they are settled in and have thier own lives to deal with. That is why your friends and family don't come around- we all get caught up and forget how long it has been since we saw our friends/family last. I only see mine at work and when we babysit each others' kids (a rarity). I am so bad because I can go 2-3 months without using a single minute on my wireless plan, and I don't even bother with caller ID on my home phone.

And another thing- you will likely never know if you made a great impact on someone's life. People don't tell you that stuff, usually. This morning you could have smiled at a lady on the bus and that simple expression could have convinced her not to go home and take 50 pain pills with her vodka tonic. You never know...

Call a friend and invite them over for dinner or something- maybe you can rekindle a friendship!

I will agree with that. I have noticed that many people in the world are "home bodies". My trouble is, when I invite someone I get the "oh well... Ive got to get this done today and that done today.... blah blah... yada yada..."

But even neighbors, I notice that very few actually go outside, you only see them when they go to their car. Personally, Im an old fashioned porch sitter. When the weather is nice, I can sit on the porch all day.

Anyway, Im not trying to hijack this thread, but it seems like Sacronaut is not coming back. I will differ on one aspect of your comment though, I know for a fact that I am a boring person. I don't drink, I don't smoke, Im not into dope, Im not a swinger, I don't hunt, Im not really into sports.. So what do I do? Well, my favorite passtime is doing busy work. You know, taking things apart, doing work around te house, fixing things, driving, riding, walking, sitting on the porch, watching the history channel, posting here. A lot of that stuff just doesn't interest most people.
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Nov 16, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcocke
    I
    Anyway, Im not tring to hijack this thread, but it seems like Sacronaut is not coming back. I will differ on one aspect of your comment though, I know for a fact that I am a boring person. I dont drink, I dont smoke, Im not into dope, Im not a swinger, I dont hunt, Im not really into sports.. So what do I do? Well, my favorite passtime is doing busy work. You know, taking things apart, doing work around te house, fixing things, driving, riding, walking, sitting on the porch, watching the history channel, posting here. Alot of that stuff just doesnt interest most people.
    Well- let's start a boring buddy club! I like most of those things, too :D
    I try not to take things apart, though.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 16, 2006, 03:06 PM
    I sm having a sugar rush moment here... The Boring People Club... taste like sugar

Nov 16, 2006, 05:01 PM
    Nothing cures bordom like sweet sweet suger highs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering [ 8 Answers ]

I am a week late with AF and I tested two days ago and it was negative. I did not think any thing of it since eight months ago I was on the Depo Shot. I just got my AF back in June and in July but it is August and I have not had one. In June and July when I did have my period I had majo pregnancy...

Wondering? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought Proactiv Solution for my acne... I was wondering if anyone here uses or ever used this product and did it really improve the acne on your skin? So far it's been a week and a half using it, it has made my skin a lot more softer and I do notice a little clearing of my face but I...

Wondering [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. First, I Want To Say That My Significant Other & I Are Wonderful. So I Have A Questions For The Experts. On 2/17/06, My Husband & I Made Love & A Week Prior To That Was My Ovulation Time. So Because We Are Married Sometimes My Husband And Are Choose To Have Sex Unprotected. So He...

Wondering [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period about two weeks ago and it was a normal period. Then a few days after I started to have a pinkish discharge it lasted a few days not enough for a pad so I was wondering could this mean I might be pregnant?

I'm wondering how far is to far? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am a 38 y/o lady and it seem that life is becoming almost to much to bear I'm no good at anything I do any more I have icolated myself for many years and I have contact with no one unless I need to I'm disabled and no one seems to understand enough is enough as far as that goes. My children...

View more questions Search