Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 11:17 AM
    Should they not of told me!
    So, I found a note on my kitchen table, since we always leave notes to say where we are going and what not, I decided to read it (usually it is from my mom saying what she works and what we need to do that evening)... well it did say that, and then it was a note to my step-dad, my mom and him just had a fight and I didn't really read the whole note so I don't know what it was meant for, but I did read a part that said when I was six months old my dad threw me out of a window! UM WHAT?! exact qoute *I don't hold grudges like you, when *****(not saying names) through Emily (me) out of the window at six months, it took me forever to forgive him, but I did** UM WHAT?.
    Should this not of been mentioned to me!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 11:23 AM

Are you still alive? Are any limbs crooked from being broken?

I'm guessing the note was accidentally left on the table or was put there in the heat of the moment, not realizing you would read it. I'm guessing you read something you had no business reading.

I'm a bit confused about how many notes there were and how you "found" them. During a calm moment, ask your mom about it after confessing that you read a private note that you "found" (hmmmmm) that was on the table.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 11:40 AM

No there was only one note, half was for us(me nad my sister)... and the other half was for him, not knowing I read it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 12:05 PM

You mom has issues if she's leaving a note that's addressed to you and then half of it is about things that happened in the past that you have no business knowing.

Talk to her about it. She needs to learn to communicate better.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 07:19 PM

She needs to write her notes and then fold them in like thirds and put the name of who they go to on the outside.

Like Altenweg said things happen.
    Your mom had no control over what your dad did but she did have control to leave him and get you away from him to protect you.
    Reading that you should admire your mom for having the courage to do what was best for you and protect you.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 07:50 PM

Have to spread the rep, but I agree with Alty and NOhelp4U that it was poor judgment to leave the note where you would see it, but it sounds like she was upset by the argument she had. And, importantly, she stood up for you when you were a baby--that's what matters most. Talk to her about this and tell her it upset you and you need a hug. Maybe she needs one too. Sounds like she was pretty upset to write what she wrote.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Remember that you only read part of the note.

As the others have said, and I concur, you need to just show your mom the note, and ask her about it.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 07:02 PM
    I'm very surprised that you didn't read the whole note! I sure would have, even if I came onto it accidentally. If it mentioned me and throwing out a window, I'm sure I would have read it at least 3 times to make sure I got everything correct.

If your Mother leaves notes to you all the time and then 'this' note was left for you, she must have been very distraught. This obviously is something that has been bothering her since you were young. :confused:

I think you need to talk to her about it, if she will listen, I understand some Mothers are not willing.:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I told [ 5 Answers ]

I told a girl I've known forever that I love her and were not even dating and she won't talk to me now. What should I do?

I'm told he can't have sex [ 10 Answers ]

So this guy and I have been getting to know each other for about a month now. At first he was very sexual and constantly wanted sex and would get mad when I told him no. Now he just told me that he can't have sex due to very low testosterone levels(resulting from a really bad car crash). But...

Does he still like me even though he told me? [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I broke up with my ex boyfriend about 3 months ago because he moved to another state & he cried & I was crying as well. But didn't think I liked him anymore. He came down to my state one day for fathers day & I saw him & I broke into tears. We had a really good conversation & everything....

I have not told anyone this, but. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but I am having a really hard time at the moment and I wanted some objective help. My life is a bit of a mess and I don't know where to begin to be honest. My mother and father have both been clinically depressed for years and my brother is currently...

Being told to get out. [ 4 Answers ]

My friend purchased a Townhouse and asked me to move in. I agreed and offered to pay monthly rent and have been since I've moved in over a year now. I receive my mail there, make my meals, wash my clothes and park my car. Being that we are friend no formal agreements were made or signed, just a...

View more questions Search