Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    black butterfly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 04:18 AM
    Afraid I am infertile!!
    I'm 19 and I have been with my fiancé for 3yrs and been having unprotected sex for around a year and a half since having a contraceptive rod removed from my arm, But I have never fallen pregnant.
    This is seriously starting to worry me as at this age I should be at my most fertile. So why isn't I become pregnant?
    I am starting to think there is something wrong with me, What do you think?
    My fiancé has a child so it can't be him, What is wrong with me?

Black butterfly
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 4, 2006, 04:31 AM
    There's a lot of advice here that maybe helpful:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ile-28641.html
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Hi, butterfly,
    I won't go into all the disadvantages of trying to have a baby at 19 yrs old, with someone you are not married to!
    But, to answer your question, you really need to see a doctor. Only he/she can help you with this. I do wish you the best, and please re-think about your future; possibly raising a child all by yourself.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 4, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Do you have a regular cycle? Do you track the dates so you know when you're ovulating? If your cycle is regular and at least 28 days long then you should be trying to conceive on days 11, 13, 15 and 17.

If your cycle is not regular then you need to see your ob/gyn.
    black butterfly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Hiya lisa, yes I do have reg periods I came on on the 23rd may off on the 29th.then 25th June and off on the 29th. As my period goes on I seem to bleed very lightly.

Hey Fredg, yes I have thought about the this advantages but I just desperatley want to know if there is something wrong with me!
    I am definitley going to see the doctor.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 4, 2006, 11:04 AM
    By all means, find out about your fertility with a test since in the meantime you are "borrowing trouble" as they say. But as was mentioned in the other thread, its not like a pregnancy test. Its only through a doctor and fairly expensive.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 4, 2006, 02:11 PM
    The first day of your period is the first day of your cycle. So you should be trying on days 11, 13, 15 and 17.

Also, please consider a permanent commitment with your partner before having a child.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 5, 2006, 01:18 AM
    As I mentioned in another thread, it could be medication that you take on a regular basis, or a cyst that's preventing it, so yes, see your doctor.

Even though your fiancé has a child already, he also could be inhibited by medication or something.

So, see your doctor, and if you get the OK, then have your fiancé get a checkup.

Lots of luck, and keep us posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Afraid I can't get pregnant [ 56 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant only 3 months and no luck yet. But for some reason I'm starting to get scared that I can't get pregnant. Is that crazy? How long did it take you to get pregnant with your first child?

I'm so scared I'm infertile [ 15 Answers ]

I was with my ex for 1 year 7 months and we were trying for a baby for 7 months imterified I'm infertile.. we split and now I'm with my new boyfriend we only see each other about once/twice a month he's *** up me about 7 times split over two visits.. and I'm still not pregnant.. can too much sex...

Daschund is afraid to use bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

I have a very beautiful Miniature dachshund and he is like my second child. I am insanely protective of him. We got him when he was 8 weeks old from a breeder and he was cute as cute could be. He is about 18 weeks old now and he thinks he owns everything he touches, including us!:D He's never been...

Afraid I missed o time [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I don't keep up with my temp like I should but I haven't had any cervical fluid until yesterday June 6th and it was wet. Today I don't have much but kind of creamy if anything and that may be wishful thinking. My husband gets home today from being out of town and I pray I haven't missed my...

Puppy is afraid to go down stairs [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy who is having no problem going up the stairs, but refuses to even attempt to descend them. I tried encouraging him with praise and food. :D Granted he is only 8 weeks old and the stairs are a little steep and are uncarpeted. Do you think I need to carpet the stairs to make...

View more questions Search