Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nativetung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Furnace goes on and off constantly
    OK, a week ago my furnace blows cold air.. we call service man, he comes out and sais well you've got a bad gas valve! OK we better put a new one on since winter is on its way. He puts gas valve #1 on and it shorts out, he only had one on the truck so the next day he installs gas valve#2. alrighty man we got heat again, but wait why in the wide world of sports is the thing kicking on and off for?? It never did that before we put new gas valve on? The gas valve is a white rogers c6303 type 300. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!! Any ideas?? :confused:
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 18, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Your heat anticipator which is located on your thermostat has to set to the total amp draw of the heating circuit when he changed the valve the amp draw changed he should have set it then
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 07:04 AM
    If the new valve was the same part as the old one, I doubt it would have thrown the heat anticipator off that much. It sounds to me like you have a bad temperature sensor, or if an older furnace, a limit switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane furnace - no heat, constantly running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 80. The furnace constantly runs without the burners on. However, I don't believe it is the fan that is running. I turn the fan off at the thermostat, however, it continues to run. The only way to shut it off is throw the breaker. Once I throw the breaker and leave it off for a...

Lennox G12 furnace runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

Furnace runs constantly and gets quite HOT, even if thermostat doesn't call for heat. Changed thermostat, didn't help. Removed new thermostat and checked to see if thermostat wiring had spark, it didn't. What now? I recently vacuumed unit. Does that matter? It ran fine for a few weeks following...

Evcon furnace with motor constantly running [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have an evcon gas furnace in my mobile home, and it works fine, heats up and blows warm air, the problem is that the motor runs constantly, its very annoying(the blower does not go all the time only when it is heating). I was wondering if this is a hazzard that I should be worried...

Rheem Criterion Furnace fan keeps coming on and off constantly with loud noise [ 14 Answers ]

Rheem Criterion Furnace fan keeps coming on and off constantly with a loud noise. Can someone please help me? Paul::confused:

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search