Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blueingram Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Harbor Breeze Lakeside II Ceiling Fan mysteriously turns on
    Our ceiling fan and lights come on at various times by themselves. Sometimes when we're not even home. This is remote controlled. We want to try to reprogram the remote control and the fan, but cannot find the location of the dip switches in the fan. Can there be another reason for this happening other than being on the same circuit as another fan owner in our neighborhood?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Actually The Remote transmit RF in the air. Your Fan may be receiving signals from neighbor. Could be yours malfunctioning, remove Battery and see if fan changes conditions(button may be intermiddent)
    Match the code switches on remote and receiver(in top or bottom of fan)to change from neighbors code, if that seems like problem.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2007, 04:49 PM
    The problem is most likely the frequency, as you both suspect. You will have to locate the dip switches on your fan!

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

The Bulb In This Fan Has Blown Out. How Do I Remove The Globe To Change The Bulb. Model # Ac552----item # 18267 Jun 01

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan. On the remote on the wall it has an on and off switch AND a on and off button. The switch doesn't seem to do anything. I am also trying to figure out how to change the direction of the fan to no avail. My builder threw away the box and directions. Is there a...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan: [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a remote only. I wired it up and it works fine but on occasions it seems to turn the light on by itself or tuen the fan off. Thus only happens when the fan is running. If it is on at night, the light sometimes turns itself on. Any ideas on why? Kevin

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is 2 years old. It suddenly stopped responding to the remote control. Battery in remote is new. Dip switches in original position on remote (all 4 up). Cannot see switches on motor housing without dismantling it. Anything to do to avoid calling service person to...

View more questions Search