Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questionable life Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 05:55 AM
    In Love wif Bestfriend's Ex
    We used to have the same friends, me, my best friend, and his ex. Especially three of us are bestfriends. Three of us are even in the same class.

We used to hangout everywhere together with other friends. And when my best friend and this girl (his ex) were together, me and all of the other friends knew it.

But the relationship wasn't long. It lasts for only 6 months. After they broke-up, the girl move to another town, then both of them lost contact (after they broke up, they became complete strangers). That left me the only one who sometimes call her asked her how she's doing.

After 2 years since she move to other town, and with me the only friend of all friends that is still in contact with her, I find myself like her. But at that time, I told myself that the 'like' that I have maybe just as a friend and nothing more. In addition, she is my bestfriend's ex, I don't want to get into trouble (losing my best friend or her), so I never told both of them that I have a little crush on her.

But now, after another 2 years, I found that I love her, I care about her. And she feels the same too (because whenever she has trouble, I'm the one that's always there to help her). But still, I always limit myself to never said that I love her, because it would complicate my, my best friend and her relationship. Though I know that my best friend and her have gone from friends to 'almost strangers', but both of them are my bestfriends...

What should I do? I care about her, and she care about me now... But I just can't consider my bestfriend's feeling (although they have no relationship now), but it will still be awkward. And up till now, sometimes, our other old friends would sometime tease the girl by talking about my best friend. If they found out that I'm suddenly with the girl, it would be really, really, really weird... wouldn't it?

Would it be awkward if this time, we hangout together, but this time, I'm dating the girl, instead of my best friend?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 06:21 AM
    They haven't been close at all in 2 years and she lives far away-at least too far for him to be bothered. So I would say that there should be no problem in you developing a relationship with her. Tell your best friend that you have been keeping in touch with her and are starting to have feeling for her and want to see where it goes. Leave it go at that for now. What can he really say?
    You don't need to make a big deal out of it to where everybody thinks it is hearts and roses with you and her. You can see her as a friend and take one step at a time. I wouldn't even rush to tell her you love her or anything.
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Nov 17, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Agreed! It's been two years! I'm sure your friend is over it. What's he going to say? OH YOU CAN'T DATE A GIRL I DATE FOR 6 MONTHS TWO YEARS AGO! -.- Personally I'd smack him if he did say that lol. Anyway... you love the girl right? Go for it! You three have well extended the rule between me and my friends.

Me and my friends have dated a lot of the other's ex's. Our rule? You can date your friends ex, but wait a week if it was short, if it was a relationship that lasted over 5 months, wait a month before asking the guy/girl out. Only ONCE has one of our friends broke the rule... my friend brooke was dating a guy for a year and the day the broke up our friend rachel started going out with him. After that we shunned her for a bit cause it made us all mad she would do that to brooke.

But your case... not like that.. AGAIN it's been two years! Go for it ^.~

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

In love With My Bestfriend's Ex Boyfriend [ 10 Answers ]

Mmm... well am 14 years old... and am in love... but there's this big problem:( mmm... so let me tell you about it... my best friend maria is dating this guy andrew mmm... well she loved him at first but now she doesn't now because she suddenly figured out that she's still in love with her ex...

View more questions Search