Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    texas2006's Avatar
    texas2006 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 30, 2006, 01:13 PM
    Help with bills
    I am not employed as of now, I lost my job due to car issues. I was at that job for around a year, it was graveyard shift and bus was not running that late could not get a ride that far. I have a daughter and I need money to help with my electric that is going to be cut off and help with rent or me and my daughter will be out on the streets. Who can I go to for help with paying my bills before I am on the streets. Please someone help.
    texas2006's Avatar
    texas2006 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 30, 2006, 01:18 PM
    I forgot to say, I am starting a new job in two weeks but I will not get paid two weeks after that. I am worried if it were just me not my daughter I wouldn't care, but I have not money and I am running out of food please leave me advice of what to do, please someone help I am very much in need. I always try to help people when they need help and when I need it, I can't find it. PLease someone help me
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855

    Jun 30, 2006, 10:43 PM
    It would help if we knew where you are-city,state
    valinors_sorrow's Avatar
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

    Jun 30, 2006, 10:52 PM
    In my city, if you call 2-1-1, you get the Crisis Helpline that can put people in touch with all kinds of resources. Here is their website:

    If 2-1-1 doesn't exist in your city, then I would suggest you look in the front of your phone directory for the emergency listings to see if there is anything like social services, food banks or crisis help, etc. If that doesn't get you anywhere, pick any big church out of the phone book and call them - if they can't help, they may know who can. Or the Salvation Army too.

    It may take some diligence, some trudging but I believe help is out there. Good luck and let us know how it goes, okay?
    Cassie's Avatar
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46
    Junior Member

    Jul 1, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Call your local Salvation Army. I know is is different in areas. They will give you food boxes and often can help with one utility bill a year.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646

    Jul 1, 2006, 09:20 AM
    You can even go to your local church, many churches have provisions to help people in positions like you.

    Catholic churches have pantries that include clothing as well as food and money for utilities.

    As Cassie said the Salvation Army helps with one utility bill a year, may not be much, but it is a start.

    Keep us informed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills trouble [ 18 Answers ]

I have 32,000 in medical bills and now way to pay them off I can barely afford to feed my kids let alone these medical bills I have the title to one car and nothing else I just received a summons to appear in court on the 26 of January I already have one garnishment they are taking out of my...

Fake green bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, At the end of May 2006, I withdrew $1,000 (in 10 of $100 bills) from a local Bank of America branch, and gave these money to my sister as her wedding gift. Last month, my sister, who lives in another country, went to her local bank to exchange these $1,000 into local currency. However, the...

Hospital bills [ 5 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined My hubby suffered a heart attack in August, 04. We had health insurance but our hospital co-pay is 4 grand. We never received a bill from the hospital. In the winter we lost our heat for 4 days and became sick & a very mean, ignorant young lady from a collection...

View more questions Search