Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mission girl's Avatar
    mission girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 13, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Distant family member
    I have a sister in law who has not spoken to me or my husband in two years. It all came about when she and my husband had an argument by phone. Well the problem is that we all have small children who adore one another and wish to see or at least talk to each other and my sister in law and her husband will not allow our children to see or talk maybe twice in the past two years but it is devastating my oldest son who was born 2 weeks before his cousin and has pretty much grown up with him he cries to me and asks why and I don't know what to tell him we have made every attempt to work it out with them but they have a grudge I guess. My other sister in law seems to think it is jealousy due to my husbands financial success I can't help but think this might be the case but we don't flaunt anything our children are even told to be conscious of what they are talking about as not to seem like they are flaunting our wealth to family we were so close and it just breaks my heart because I know in the end it is only hurting the kids. How do I explain to my children why their aunt won't let their cousins come to their b-day not so much as a phone call or card. How do I confront my sister in law or should I leave that to my husband?
    Canada_Sweety's Avatar
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49

    Jul 13, 2007, 04:28 PM
    I think that you should confront your sister in law with your husband. An argument between two people should not affect the feelings of their children. Try to make a meeting with them and discuss some way for your children to see each other, and remind her that she wouldn't have to see your husband if she doesn't want. Do it for the kids. Good luck
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Jul 13, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Not your sister, it is your husbands issue. You tell the kids the truth, that their aunt is mad at their dad and will not let them come.

    And "confront"?? If she does not want to have anytthing to do with your family that is her right for any reason, even no reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict a family member [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to know how to evict a family member (with children). This family member has pay some money to us during a year about 300.00 a month. After this person was told to move out this person stop helping with the 300. A month. There is no lease because this person was being help. I think...

Evicting a family member [ 4 Answers ]

Can I evict a my son without going to court?

Family member moved out [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am not sure how to proceed with my current dilemma. My uncle and his daughter moved out and got an apartment, but left belongings behind. He refused to give the house keys back until he said he got his belongings. He refuses to forward his mail, and I took it upon myself to move his and his...

Removing a family member [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area for this topic... I live in Michigan and own my own house. Back in October, one of my brothers asked if he could move in for a little while. He has been separated from his wife for several years and has been living in an over-priced apartment. ...

Horrific family member [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here it is. I live with my aunt who has raised me since I was seven years old, so she is pretty much my parent. She also raised my sister and my brother on and of (him). I have a son who is like her grandson. I moved out to go to college and then I moved back in because I was in a terrible...

View more questions Search